Join First Vehicle Services as Heavy Duty Truck Technician!
Servicing Metropolitan Police Department of the District of Columbia
First Vehicle Services is proud to offer:
- $2,000 Sign-On Bonus! (conditions apply)
- Competitive hourly wages based on experience and qualifications + ASE bonus money!
- Tremendous Career Advancement Opportunities due to a strong presence across North America
- Excellentbenefits packages including company training, paid holidays & vacation, medical & dental, and 401(k) savings plan.
- A great work environment!
Diesel Mechanic major responsibilities:
- Performing vehicle maintenance to the First Vehicle Services standards.
- Diagnosing all phases of vehicle and equipment repair.
- Removing, cleaning, repairing, reinstalling, and adjusting vehicle components (Engine Emission Components, Driveline Components, Electrical/Electronic Components, Brakes/Suspension/Steering/Exhaust, Cab/Chassis, and Hydraulics).
- Ensuring work orders are completed accurately.
- Selecting appropriate course of action for repairs.
- Evaluating completed work prior to release, seeking supervisor approval where required.
- Ensuring safe use of power and hand-held tools.
- Performing road calls and emergency services as necessary.
- Moving vehicles safely between job and work area.
- Communicating professionally with customers, team members, and supervisors.
- Actively participating in safety or educational training as required.
Diesel Mechanic requirements:
- Technical Training Preferred
- 3+ years of heavy duty truck / diesel vehicle repair experience required
- Must have demonstrated experience monitoring and meeting PM schedules
- Valid driver's license
- Must have an appropriate mechanic's tool set
- Excellent communication skills
- Certifications required - ASE or Manufacturer certifications (i.e. Cummins) accepted
- Subject to background check and drug screen
First Vehicle Services is a leading provider of diverse fleet management and maintenance services in North America. Since 1981, First Vehicle Services has been providing efficient and cost-effective vehicle management and maintenance services at governments, school districts, petrochemical companies, transit agencies, airports, universities, and private organizations throughout the United States and Puerto Rico.
Become a part of our team – Apply today!
First Vehicle Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.