Join First Vehicle Services as a Heavy Line Technician!
We service heavy/construction equipment and vehicles such as backhoes, dump trucks, sweepers, loaders , dozers, gradalls, excavators for City of Port St. Lucie.
First Vehicle Services is proud to offer:
- Top hourly wages based on experience & qualifications (NOT flat rate)
- ASE bonus program
- Tremendous Career Advancement Opportunities due to a strong presence all across North America
- Excellent benefits package including company training, paid holidays & vacation, medical & dental, and 401(k) savings plan.
- A great work environment!
Heavy Line Mechanic major responsibilities:
- Performing vehicle maintenance to the First Vehicle Services standards.
- Diagnosing all phases of vehicle and equipment repair.
- Removing, cleaning, repairing, reinstalling, and adjusting vehicle components (Engine Emission Components, Driveline Components, Electrical/Electronic Components, Brakes/Suspension/Steering/Exhaust, Cab/Chassis, and Hydraulics).
- Ensuring work orders are completed accurately.
- Selecting appropriate course of action for repairs.
- Evaluating completed work prior to release, seeking supervisor approval where required.
- Ensuring safe use of power and hand-held tools.
- Performing road calls and emergency services as necessary, including occasional on-call services
- Moving vehicles safely between job and work area.
- Communicating professionally with customers, team members, and supervisors.
- Actively participating in safety or educational training as required.
- Continuous ASE re-certification to remain in job classification.
Heavy Line Mechanic requirements:
- 10+ years of experience repairing and maintaining construction units (as listed above)
- Strong knowledge of diagnostic computers, heavy line equipment repairs, hydraulic and air operated systems
- Must live in close proximity to shop (within 20 minutes) in order to perform on-call services when necessary
- Willing to obtain CDL within the first three months of employment
- Willing to obtain ASE certifications within the first three months of employment
- Must have an appropriate mechanic's tool set
- Must be driven, organized and punctual
- Subject to background check and drug screen
Become a part of our team – Apply today!
First Vehicle Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.