Join the First Vehicle Services team as Diesel Technician!
We service Heavy Duty Diesel Trucks & Equipment for City of Ft. Lauderdale.
First Vehicle Services is proud to offer:
- Top hourly wages based on experience & qualifications + ASE bonus money! (NOT flat rate)
- ASE training and testing materials provided
- Paid training
- Career advancement opportunities
- Excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, retirement, paid sick & vacation time
- A great work environment!
Truck Mechanic major responsibilities:
- Performing vehicle maintenance to the First Vehicle Services standards.
- Diagnosing all phases of vehicle and equipment repair.
- Removing, cleaning, repairing, reinstalling, and adjusting vehicle components (Engine Emission Components, Driveline Components, Electrical/Electronic Components, Brakes/Suspension/Steering/Exhaust, Cab/Chassis, and Hydraulics).
- Selecting appropriate course of action for repairs.
- Evaluating completed work prior to release, seeking supervisor approval where required.
- Ensuring safe use of power and hand-held tools.
- Performing road calls and emergency services as necessary.
- Moving vehicles safely between job and work area.
- Communicating professionally with customers, team members, and supervisors.
- Actively participating in safety or educational training as required.
Truck Mechanic requirements:
- Previous heavy truck/equipment repair experience
- Must have an appropriate mechanic's tool set.
- Valid driver's license. Willing to obtain CDL
- Willing to obtain ASE certifications (company bonuses & testing provided!)
- Subject to background check and drug screen.
First Vehicle Services is a leading provider of diverse fleet management and maintenance services in North America. Since 1981, First Vehicle Services has been providing efficient and cost-effective vehicle management and maintenance services at governments, school districts, petrochemical companies, transit agencies, airports, universities, and private organizations throughout the United States and Puerto Rico.
Become a part of our team – Apply today!
First Vehicle Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.