What does the Helpdesk Supervisor do?
The Helpdesk Supervisor position will ensure an outstanding level of customer service by providing direct IT support to our stores, field managers and leaders by supervising the Help Desk and managing the technical support staff. Responsible for leading the Helpdesk in engaging in proactive planning and support and organizing the Helpdesk to be flexible and adaptable in meeting the changes of the organization.
Key Responsibilities include:
• Supervise the Helpdesk support staff by defining and establishing schedules, setting priorities, providing support/direction and dealing with administrative issues as needed
• Gather and analyze metrics to benchmark the helpdesk workload/performance and identify trends in Helpdesk issues. Report weekly on the metrics and trends to IT Management.
• Work within the corporate and field communities to promote excellent customer service, effective response times and provide expert insights into general support issues. Enforce quality of service guidelines for dealing with customers, completing services, and overall customer satisfaction.
• Train helpdesk staff on operational procedures and troubleshooting techniques. Provide training on new hardware and/or software applications as requested.
• Ensure that staff provides timely and considerate customer service to end users by fielding Helpdesk calls and resolving technical issues
• Analyzing and identifying trends in issue reporting and devising preventative solutions. Expected to offer suggestions for any noted process improvements and develop the new procedures
• Innovate the way we support the stores, field management and corporate offices (Online FAQs, knowledgebases, chat, phone trees…)
• Support the Hardware, Software and Network in all corporate locations - stores, field manager’s laptops and corporate employees, including the setup and shipment of hardware for new store openings.
• Assist with Computer Upgrades
• Ability to use, teach troubleshoot Microsoft Windows 7 and 10 operating systems, Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Visio and Word) and Microsoft Publisher.
• Provide Quality Assurance Testing of new software / hardware being released.
• Support / Deploy the IT components of key programs such as Payroll Deduction.Requirements
What are the professional qualifications of an IT Support Specialist?
Bachelor's degree from four-year College or University preferred
Four or more years helpdesk experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
2 or more years in a supervisory position
Desired, but not required: CompTIA A+, Network+, Security+, CCNA, or any higher-level industry certification.