DescriptionThe Help Desk Support Technician 3 provides support to end users for computer, application, system, device, access and hardware issues. The Help Desk Support Technician 3 performs advanced administrative/operational/customer support duties that require independent initiative and judgment. May apply intermediate mathematical skills.
The Help Desk Support Technician 3 identifies, researches and resolves technical problems of moderate complexity. Responds to telephone, email and on line requests for technical support. Documents, tracks, and monitors the problem using applicable systems and tools. Decisions are typically focus on methods, tactics and processes for completing administrative tasks/projects. Regularly exercises discretion and judgment in prioritizing requests and interpreting and adapting procedures, processes and techniques, and works under limited guidance due to previous experience/breadth and depth of knowledge of administrative processes and organizational knowledge.
- High School Diploma
- 1-3 years of help desk support experience
- less than 2 years of leadership experience
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Effective problem-solving skills
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office products
- Must be eligible for Government Security clearance
- Associate's or Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or a related field
- Understanding of IT systems and functions with preferred previous work experience in the IT field
Scheduled Weekly Hours40