Shift Days - Monday – Friday; Shift hours - 8 am – 4:30 pm
Set your sights on a role making a real difference in the healthcare system. We’re looking for a self-motivated HIM Coding Liaison to join our team. We have a relentless focus on driving results for our customers and enabling them to invest more into patient care; in turn, this allows us to continue to grow our company and your career.
The HIM Coding Liaison works with the HIM Director to establish open lines of communication and collaborative working relationships with the local CDI team, Medical Staff and Quality Department, providing needed coding expertise. The Liaison assists with report requests that require ICD-10, CPT, DRG or APC codes and serves as the local PwC SMART data and reporting analyst. They work closely with the R1 Coding Team, stepping in to address process and DNFB/DNFC issues impacting coding production. As requested by the local Corporate Responsibility Officer (CRO), the Liaison assists with the coordination of the annual Corporate Responsibility Program (CRP) audit, and, as needed, may be asked to assist with the routing of RAC and other denials to the appropriate departments.
- Assists the HIM Director in monitoring and meeting DNFB targets.
- Works with the HIM Director to identify and resolve issues related to accounts that are coded but not moved out of the DNFC.
- Assists with resolving billing/coding discrepancies, deficiencies and issues.
- Works with the CDI team, assisting with the resolution of documentation inconsistencies.
- Attends the local CDI Steering Committee with the HIM Director along with CDI department meetings.
- Educates the CDI team on new and updated codes, DRGs and official coding guidelines.
- Works with the Quality team to utilize SMART for identification, review and monitoring of HACs, PSI, mortalities and core measures.
- Assists, as requested, with the annual CRP audit and routing of RAC and other payer denials.
- All other duties as assigned.
- CCS certification required.
- RHIA, RHIT, or Associate's Degree in another field, required.
- Minimum of two years of inpatient coding. Prefer additional knowledge/experience in outpatient coding. Experience working with the CDI team is required.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to comprehend and analyze large quantities of operational data.
- Must be able to use standard office equipment and information systems. Knows PowerPoint, Excel and PwC SMART.
- Ability to interact with other associates, department directors and the Medical Staff through effective verbal and written communication.
- Strong presentation skills.
R1 is changing healthcare by infusing operational discipline and proprietary technology in hospital financial processes. We are an industry leader; we are the only independent organization with a comprehensive service and technology offering for hospital revenue cycle management, and we have achieved leading outcomes for our customers.
- A strong financial performing, growing organization that will keep you on your toes with new ideas, changes and opportunities to learn and grow in abundance.
- A culture of excellence, driving customer success so they can focus on improving patient care and on giving back to the community.
- A Total Rewards package which may include such things as: competitive compensation package, the ability to choose from a comprehensive benefit program mostly funded by R1 that includes medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, commuter benefits, life and disability insurance, along with work life balance programs including paid time off for personal time, illness and volunteering, and we offer a retirement savings plan and continuing training and development and so much more!
Sound like you? Let’s talk!
R1 is a leading provider of revenue cycle management services and Physician Advisory Services to healthcare providers. We are the largest independent end-to-end revenue cycle provider and have the longest operating history in the revenue cycle industry. R1’s objective is to be the one trusted partner to manage revenue so providers and patients can focus on what matters most. Our distinctive operating model and values includes people, processes, and sophisticated integrated technology/analytics that help customers realize sustainable improvements in their operating margins and improve the satisfaction of their patients, physicians, and staff. We are dedicated to transforming the commercial infrastructure and patient experience in healthcare.