Hiring Event Thursday, July 19th - Bus Operator
When: Thursday, July 19, 2018 from 9:00am-1:00pm
Where: 1950 E. Washington, Los Angeles, CA
What you will need: A recent copy of your 10-year driving record (H6)
Join First Transit in providing safe, reliable transportation for disabled passengers using the RediWheels system in San Mateo County. These are critical services that make a real difference in the lives of our passengers and will make you proud of the work that you do every day.
We are proud to offer:
- Paid Training
- Medical and Dental benefits
- Great working environment
- Paid Time Off/Sick days
- 401-K Matching
Van Driver job requirements:
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Possess a current California driver’s license
- Have at least 3 years of driving experience (in a personal vehicle)
- Subject to a background investigation and drug test
- Able to work a variety of shifts, including evenings and weekends.
As a Van Driver, your major responsibilities will be to:
- Drive a First Transit van in a safe, courteous, and reliable manner throughout the service area within a daily assigned time schedule
- Perform pre/post trip vehicle inspections as required
- Stop at designated points to load and unload passengers
- Assist in the boarding of passengers using wheelchairs or other mobility aids and properly secure wheelchairs and scooters
- Notify dispatch of deviations, overload, accidents, passenger incidents, medical/behavioral problems, or bus mechanical/electrical trouble
- Advise passengers of rules and regulations when necessary
- Complete and submit written reports concerning passengers and all accidents
Become a part of our team - Apply today!
First Transit is an Equal Opportunity Employer.