Department:OH1MH_19006_001 Histology Mce
Expected Weekly Hours:40
Position Purpose:Job Description Summary
At Mount Carmel, we work to continuously inspire one another. Here, all are welcome. It is this culture of humility and compassion that sets Mount Carmel apart. We see the big picture and do the right thing. That means a dedication to the well-being our both our colleagues and the patients they serve.
Job Description Details:
Our Histology Technician colleagues support our mission in a variety of ways. Their compassion and commitment to collaborative excellence positively impacts our patients and the communities we serve. This is what truly sets Mount Carmel apart. In return, Mount Carmel provides excellent learning and growth opportunities, excellent benefits and opportunities to succeed.
The Histology Technician provides the technical component for anatomical pathology (surgical pathology, cytopathology, autopsy, etc.).
- Prepares specimens for fixation, such as sputum's, bronchial specimens, CSF, etc.
- Accurately logs all specimens delivered to the department, including cytology specimens.
- Works actively to instill and maintain cost prevention and cost containment
- High school graduate or General Equivalency Degree (GED) required or Bachelor's Degree
- Histology Technician, HT (ASCP) certificate or HT (ASCP) American Society of Clinical Pathologists (ASCP) Histology Technician (HT) certified
- Previous histology experience or one year formal training will be considered
Discovering opportunities, support and excellence – all while making a real difference in patients’ lives – begins at Mount Carmel. Find a new beginning and advance your career with us.
Mount Carmel and all its affiliates are proud to be equal opportunity employers. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation or physical ability.
Trinity Health's Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health employs more than 120,000 colleagues at dozens of hospitals and hundreds of health centers in 21 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Trinity Health's dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.