Perform cyclic maintenance and repair to historic structures related to Historic Preservation Maintenance program at Grand Canyon-South Rim.
- Performs cyclic maintenance and repair to historic structures at Grand Canyon South Rim, ensuring that all NEPA 106 regulations and historic programmatic requirements are followed.
- Produce and maintain professional quality work at all times, within the Secretary of the Interior’s Standards for the Treatment of Historic Properties.
- Must be accountable for the securing and storage of materials and tools used while performing work.
- Performs work in Carpentry, Masonry, Painting, Metalwork, Logsmithing, Stucco Repairs, Roofing, Windows, and other historic preservation work as needed.
- Work with scaffolding, fall protection, lead, and asbestos.
- Comply with all current related safety and health requirements. This position requires the use of respiratory protection and will require compliance with applicable regulations.
- Comply with all company and NPS construction policies and procedures.
- Commit to and practice the Company’s Environmental Policies and Procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum Two years experience in Historic Preservation work, and is skilled in the use of tools common to the trade.
- Demonstrated skill in producing and maintaining professional quality preservation work.
- Knowledge of Company facilities and locations desired.
- Must possess physical stamina and condition to withstand heavy labor related work in an outside environment.
- Possess or obtain a valid Arizona Driver’s License within 90 days of start date and comply with the Xanterra South Rim Company Vehicle Policy.
- Entry level knowledge of construction, specialized trade skills and their current codes.
Low-cost in-park housing provided. Discounted meals; Medical/Dental/Vision health plans available; 401K; Drug-free workplace. Employment history verified. Background checks/Drug test required. Xanterra is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Woman/Disabled/Veterans are encouraged to apply.