Take pride in helping to preserve, protect and restore some of the most unique Lodges in America's National Parks system!
Our Historic Preservation Maintenance Team is hiring 2 team members. Our Engineering department is on the front end of a 20 year concessions contract with the National Park Service. Yellowstone National Park Lodges serves approximately 4 million visitors yearly, 2400 employees in park housing, 2100 guest rooms and 1200 campsites. There are nearly 800 structures under our care throughout Yellowstone including a new LEED Platinum dormitory and 2 National Historic Landmarks in the Old Faithful Inn and Lake Yellowstone Hotel.
What We Are Looking For
At Yellowstone National Park Lodges, we depend on our team members to help guests find their ultimate Yellowstone experience—all while working to protect and preserve the park for future generations. No matter what your job is, you will be a proud steward of the park. You will play an essential role in providing warm and friendly hospitality to all our guests.
What You Are Looking For
- Are you interested in working, living, and being an ambassador in Yellowstone National Park?
- Are you looking to make friends with people from all over the world?
- Do you have a positive attitude and solid work ethic?
- Do you thrive in a fast-paced, exciting work environment?
- Are you seeking upward mobility and growth opportunities?
- Are you looking to gain experience in tourism & hospitality operations?
- Are you enthusiastic about Xanterra’s sustainability initiatives?
If you answered, “Yes” to these questions, a job in Yellowstone is ideal for you!
We have immediate openings available for the 2019 season. If living, working, and exploring in Yellowstone sounds intriguing and exciting to you, please read on.
- Start Date: January 2019
- Employment Type: Full Time, Seasonal (ideally full season or early/late season)
- Schedule: Varies – 40+ hours per week.
- Perks include:
- Low-cost housing (dormitory style) and meals (cafeteria style) provided
- Wi-Fi (limited bandwidth) provided
- Free Employee Recreation Program (hiking, biking, photography, camping, wildlife watching, educational programs, film series, sports competitions, and more!)
- Exclusive discounts in and around Yellowstone
- Living in the world’s first National Park
A Day in the Life
We operate 9 lodging facilities, 31 restaurants, and 5 campgrounds inside Yellowstone National Park. Our team members play an integral role in continuing the daily operation of our park.
Our HPC Manager has over 33 years of experience in the HPC field and conducts a Historic Preservation Awareness Training course. To view some of their work please visit https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCTCR-gbpYw.
Essential Skills and Knowledge:
- 5 years extensive carpentry skills and or 3 years historic preservation experience or equivalent.
- General knowledge of the National Park Service “Secretary of the Interior Standards” and how they apply to work in Yellowstone Park.
- Required to have formal training in at least one aspect of historic preservation.
What We Believe
At Yellowstone National Park Lodges, we are a welcoming community who work hard, share a passion for the environment, and enjoy creating memorable experiences for our guests. We are the primary concessionaire in Yellowstone National Park. As part of the Xanterra Travel Collection family, we embrace a “naturally different” lifestyle that allows you to live, work, and explore one of the most beautiful places on earth. We are a company based on values that reflect an environmental ethic and social conscience – for the long-term. “Our Softer Footprint” focuses on how we reduce our environmental impact through our comprehensive environmental initiatives. Our business practices exemplify environmental stewardship, and a desire to protect and preserve our public lands.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.