A Home Support Home Care Worker is an individual who carries out social, personal and non-medical care tasks and who may also provide assistance with housekeeping and other related supportive tasks to a Resident in his/her place of residence. The Home Care Worker may perform other tasks permissible under State scope of practice and regulatory guidelines.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Effectively implements individualized resident care plans.
2. Assists residents with personal care and activities of daily living in a calm, professional and proficient manner; respecting residents’ privacy, dignity and safety.
3. Performs routine housekeeping tasks, including but not limited to: laundry, ironing, meal or menu planning or preparation, pet walking and feeding, closet organization, washing dishes, making beds, changing linens, kitchen chores.
4. Shops and performs errands for resident.
5. Escorts Resident to appointments and social activities, such as restaurants, cultural and/or sports events.
6. Promotes psychosocial well-being through meaningful relationships.
7. Practices safety, infection control, and standard precautions.
8. Will perform the duties of the position within the limitations per policy.
9. Notifies office in a timely fashion, of any change in a resident’s condition.
10. Adheres to all department policies, procedures, and care standards.
11. Maintains competency in the required job skills and knowledge.
12. Dresses in appropriate uniform at all times. Visibly displays ID Badge at all times.
13. Adheres to and promotes the mission and philosophy of The Erickson Way.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• High school diploma or equivalent is required.
• Experience as a care provider serving the senior population within the past 12 months is required.