Department:OH1CS_40800_000 Hospice Program
Expected Weekly Hours:40
Position Purpose:At Mount Carmel, we’re committed to making a meaningful difference in the lives of our patients and communities. Our colleagues – people like you – share our passion for always going above and beyond to provide the highest standards of care.
Job Description Details:
Our Allied Health colleagues positively impact the lives of our patients in a wide variety of ways. But what they all share is a drive to succeed – for our patients and one another. Mount Carmel provides resources and learning opportunities to fully support your personal and professional development, which leads to greater patient outcomes.
Our Home Hospice Aide assists and complements the professional Hospice staff in providing personal care to the patient in the home and nursing facilities on an intermittent basis, according to Hospice policies, state and federal regulations governing Hospice Health Care, which may result in exposure to extreme weather conditions, animals and/or a variety of cultural and socioeconomic environments.
- Maintains patient confidentiality. Respects patient privacy, property, individual lifestyle choices and beliefs. Communicates clearly and effectively with both internal and external customers.
- Promotes home environment safety while providing care by keeping patient area clean and observes patient's home environment for safety hazards. Reports unsafe conditions in home including signs and symptoms of abuse and/ or neglect to Hospice RN/Care Manager.
- Understands and complies with the policies, procedures, rules of The Mount Carmel Hospice, The Joint Commission and Center for Medicare Services. Maintains adequate supply of items needed to provide patient care. Checks expiration dates, and discards expired items
- High school diploma or its equivalent.
- Successful completion of state-established or approved training program (STNA)
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle required; possess valid driver’s license and have access to reliable automobile during work hours.
- Criminal Fingerprinting as required by Ohio law
Discovering opportunities, support and excellence – all while making a real difference in patients’ lives – begins at Mount Carmel. Find a new beginning and advance your career with us.
Mount Carmel and all its affiliates are proud to be equal opportunity employers. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, or physical ability.
Trinity Health's Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health employs more than 120,000 colleagues at dozens of hospitals and hundreds of health centers in 21 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Trinity Health's dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.