There's an energy and excitement here, a shared mission to improve the lives of others as well as our own. Nursing here isn't for everybody. Instead of seeing a handful of patients each day, your work may affect millions for years to come. Ready for a new path? Start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The RN Director is responsible for planning, coordinating, managing and directing all activities and programs of the Southwest Medical Home Health. Primary Responsibilities:
- Implementing governing body directives and ensuring that appropriate service policies are developed and implemented
- Recruiting, employing and retaining qualified personnel to maintain appropriate staffing levels
- Ensuring program personnel have current clinical information and current practices
- Directing and monitoring organizational performance improvements activities
- Ensuring staff development including orientation, inservice education, continuing education, and evaluation of staff
- Assuring that skilled nursing and other therapeutic services furnished are under the supervision and direction of a physician or registered nurse
- Assuring appropriate staff supervision during all operating hours
- Assuring the development and qualification for professional services and the assignment of personnel
- Ensuring the accuracy of public information materials and activities
Thorough knowledge of healthcare industry with experience in many areas, including but not limited to, home health, hospice acute care, palliative care, outpatient clinic, physician practice management and management care organizations. Required Qualifications:
- Active unrestricted RN license in the State of Nevada or ability to obtain
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- At least six (6) to eight (8) years’ experience in health care management (preferably in home health management)
- Demonstrate an ability to supervise and direct professional and administrative personnel
- Ability to market aggressively and deal tactfully with the community
- Knowledge of corporate business management
- Demonstrate good communication and public relations skills
- Ability to learn and apply job functions, including state and federal laws and regulations applicable to the Home Health agency
- Master’s degree in health care or related field
**PLEASE NOTE** The sign on bonus is only available to external candidates. Candidates who are currently working for a UnitedHealth Group, UnitedHealthcare or a related entity in a full time, part time, or per diem basis (“Internal Candidates”) are not eligible to receive a sign on bonus.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.