The Occupational Therapy Assistant provides quality/coordinated home care to clients served by a Primary Care Team under the direction of the Occupational Therapist and in coordination with the other team members, the physician and client.
- Participates in the ongoing treatment of patient’s functional status (muscle function, endurance, visual coordination, written and verbal communication skills, self-care ability, work capacity, etc.) as delegated by the registered occupational therapist
- Participates in the ongoing treatment of the home environment for hazards or barriers to more independent living as delegated by the registered occupational therapist
- Responsible for making certain the home care provided is compliant with State and Federal Regulations (documentation and delivered care)
- Attend monthly staff meetings or any other meetings or training as needed
- Responsible to provide services that are congruent with the policies of Southwest Home Health and within the scope of professional practice as defined within professional practice act
- Strives to provide services to meet both internal and external customer's expectations
- Assumes individual responsibility for professional competence and clinical practice
- Assures that the services provided are efficient and of value meeting the expectations of quality healthcare delivery within financial goals
- High school diploma and / or GED
- Current, unrestricted Nevada Occupational Therapy Assistant license
- 1+ years of experience working as a COTA in home health setting
- Must be willing to travel within Las Vegas providing direct patient care in the home setting
- CPR certified or able to attain certification within 30 days of employment
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs and be able to perform these functions on a regular basis, such as sitting, standing, walking, bending, crouching, twisting and reaching
- Access to reliable transportation that will enable you to travel to client and / or patient sites within a designated area
- 1+ years of experience working with Electronic Medical Records (EMR) and / or Practice Management Software systems
- Ability to create, edit, save and send documents utilizing Microsoft Word; ability to navigate a Windows environment
- Medicaid Experience
- Managed Care Experience
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: COTA, Occupational Therapy Assistant, Southwest Medical, SM, UHG, Las Vegas, long term care, managed care, Medicaid, field based, Optum, UHC, Home Health, Pahrump, Henderson, Summerlin