DescriptionHealthcare isn’t just about health anymore. It’s about caring for family, friends, finances, and personal life goals. It’s about living life fully. At Humana, we want to help people everywhere, including our associates, lead their best lives. We support our associates to be happier, healthier, and more productive in their professional and personal lives. We encourage our people to build relationships that inspire, support, and challenge them. We promote lifelong well-being by giving our associates fresh perspective, new insights, and exciting opportunities to grow their careers. At Humana, we’re seeking innovative people who want to make positive changes in their lives, the lives of our members, and the healthcare industry as a whole.
Be an instrumental part of Corporate Affairs at Humana by developing Humana’s public policy positions and advocacy for home health and hospice business with an emphasis on Medicare and Medicaid policy.
Engage with leaders across the company to develop and execute public policy and advocacy plans and deliverables supporting Humana business strategy.
- Under direction of the VP-Public Policy and with input from enterprise subject matter experts, analyzing, developing and drafting home health and hospice public policy positions to support the enterprise’s positions as well as summaries of relevant issues
- Performing necessary research and analyses to support enterprise positions and priorities
- Serving as a liaison between business and corporate interests and government
- Providing regulatory guidance, general issue management and strategic stakeholder engagement support to business leaders as it relates to home health and hospice
- Assisting with coordinating government engagements and external messaging across the enterprise for home health and hospice, ensuring the company consistently speaks with “one voice.”
- Working closely with state corporate affairs team to build on Humana’s awareness of public sector business development activities, and helping to leverage lessons learned across businesses.
- Acting as an interface between Humana and national advocacy and public policy organizations; managing and coordinating the work of external lobbyists and policy consultants; developing advocacy strategy around priority legislative and regulatory items; developing political giving and relationship outreach strategies.
- Background: 10 or more years as a Federal or State legislative or executive branch staffer OR equivalent experience in a home health or hospice agency, trade group, law firm, or policy organization.
- Must have strong knowledge of original Medicare home health policy. Prefer working knowledge of the Medicare Advantage program. Also, strong knowledge of state health administrative/regulatory/licensure rules and guidance as well as state health policy
- Prefer demonstrated, strong relationships with policy makers and thought leaders in the post-acute space.
- Ability to work in cross-functional teams (matrix environment) including interfacing with business executives to align policy/advocacy positioning with strategic business goals.
- Prefer an academic background in policy, public affairs, business, or a clinical profession.
- Ability to influence and executive level presence
You will report to the Vice President of Public Policy
Scheduled Weekly Hours40