There's an energy and excitement here, a shared mission to improve the lives of others as well as our own. Nursing here isn't for everybody. Instead of seeing a handful of patients each day, your work may affect millions for years to come. Ready for a new path? Start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The primary role of the Home Infusion Nurse is to provide infusion nursing services to patients receiving infusion medications from OptumRx / BriovaR) pharmacy and / or provide clinical coordination for infusion services for all OptumRx / BriovaR) patients. Service delivery will occur in patient’s home or alternate site per patient’s request. All infusion services and medication delivery will be provided utilizing accepted Infusion therapy clinical technique and OptumRX / BriovaRx established policy and procedures ordered by a licensed physician or licensed practitioner. All clinical operations will be consistent with established goals, objectives, and policies, and specifically focused on delivery of infusion therapy nursing and medication delivery.
If you are located in Denver, CO / Loveland, CO / Greeley, CO / Fort Collins, CO area, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Establish and maintain positive clinical rapport with all patients and their families, representing BriovaRx including working directly with patients and their families, maintain contact and clinically monitor all patients providing direct infusion therapy services
- Obtain medical history particularly as related to present condition
- Assess patient in home environments, including clinical assessment safety of environment, willingness of patient / caregivers to become independent in therapy, pain assessment, monitor effectiveness of medication treatment, develop plan of care, education for patients and patient’s family members, including providing care
- Infuse medications on a regular basis in patient’s home setting including monitoring and tracking vital signs, performing procedures such as IV placement, phlebotomy, and medication administration via peripheral infusion device; or PICC line; Implantable port; and / or Central Venous Catheters and as ordered by a licensed physician or licensed practitioner
- Establish and maintain all clinical documentation including Plans of Care / Treatment (POC / POT), Clinical Summaries, medication changes and updates for BriovaRx pharmacy
- Provide skilled care as outlined in the plan of care and according to the physician orders
- Provide care to patients of most ages and varying diagnosis receiving infusion therapy medication
- May work with numerous infused or Injectable medications including orals per BriovaRx protocols
- Clinical oversight of all patient functions, including but not limited to observing signs and symptoms of reactions and reporting assessments to physician, any changes in patient physician, emotional or environment condition and patient / caregiver teaching
- Completes patient visit document and submits documentation according to documentation policy
- Communicates patient needs and issues with supervisor
- Participates in case conferences
- Maintains ongoing knowledge of current patient infusion medications
- Collaborative relationships involving all agencies delivering services on behalf of / or in conjunction with BriovaRx, including all nursing agencies in a contracted relationship, patient, families, significant caregivers, and other healthcare team members
- Maintain current State Nursing licensure, as required by the State Department of Health
- Assist in securing and maintaining all licensure and accreditations warranted by BriovaRx, including required Home Health Licensure, JCAHO, and any other licensure or credentialing as necessary
- Compliance and adherence to all State and Federal regulations and laws, JCAHO, OSHA, HIPAA, CPR, all infusion pharmacy and nursing licensure accepted standards of practice
- Maintain all mandatory education required upon hire and annually per policy
- May be required to represent the company in clinical interactions as requested
- May provide education regarding BriovaRx Health Solutions services, for both internally and external customers
- Function as clinical educator, and resource, including but not limited to orienting new staff
- May work in office or alternate settings including home settings
- Registered nurse - Licensed in the state(s) of practice and others as requested
- Graduate of accredited nursing program
- 2+ years as a Registered Nurse with proficiency in infusion therapy
- Knowledgeable and / or experience with current state licensure requirements
- Knowledgeable and / or experience in HIPAA; OSHA; The Joint Commission (or other accrediting bodies)
- Ability to work with an interdisciplinary team of professionals including pharmacy, physicians, outside infusion nursing agencies, sales, patients, families, and significant caregivers
- Ability to meet attendance, overtime, on - call, and other reliability requirements of the job
- Access to reliable transportation that will enable you to travel to client and / or patient sites within a designated area
- Experience administering infusion therapy in a home or alternate site setting
- Knowledge of and experience with Microsoft Office and electronic medical records (EMR) programs
- Knowledge of the Infusion Nursing standards (INS) and nursing process including assessment, problem identification or nursing diagnosis, outcome identification, planning and communicating, implementation, and evaluation
- Professional appearance and teaching skills
- Ability to work independently in home or alternate site settings
- Ability to work under pressure with clinical emergencies if required
- Ability to assume a flexible work schedule
- Advanced interpersonal communications, both written and verbal.
- Excellent organizational and critical thinking skills
Careers with BriovaRx. Discover a health services career that encourages your professional growth while delivering steadfast commitment to exceptional patient care. That's what you discover at BriovaRx. We were founded by a close group of medical professionals in Lenexa, KS to provide patient - focused, state of the art home infusion services for acute, hemophilia and Intravenous Immune Globulin (IVIg) therapies. Today we collaborate with leading doctors to develop breakthrough technologies for patient outcomes assessment; and we recently joined Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies. It all reinforces our commitment to empowering people in the pursuit and delivery of exceptional patient care, and creating personalized career paths to discovering your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: RN, Registered Nurse, Infusion Nurse, Home Infusion, home health, IV, IVIG, IV therapy, INS, IGNS, ER, Oncology, ICU, Infusion Therapy, AxelaCare, BriovaRx, Denver, Longmont, Loveland, Greeley, Fort Collins, Frederick, CO, Colorado