DescriptionThe Senior Data and Reporting Professional generates ad hoc reports and regular datasets or report information for end-users using system tools and database or data warehouse queries and scripts. The Senior Data and Reporting Professional work assignments involve moderately complex to complex issues where the analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
This role works closely with Humana at Home’s clinical leadership team to develop and deliver operational reporting and performance measures around Humana’s clinical programs, processes, and initiatives. The Home Ops Senior Data & Reporting Professional is responsible for supporting clinical operations through the delivery of dashboards, reports (production and ad hoc), and analysis. In your role you will:
- Develop and establish strong and effective working relationships with Home Ops leadership and other departments
- Derive observations and insights from metrics to support and improve clinical operations
- Conduct independent research necessary to fully understand and correctly utilize the required clinical data
- Design, development, and deliver of operational reports, dashboards, and adhoc requests
- Continually identify ways to improve and enhance current reports, increasing value and usability
- Collect and document business requirements for reporting and analysis initiatives
- Interact with IT and communicate data requirements and technology needs
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Highly proficient MS Excel (building pivot tables, create tables, charts, graphs)
- SQL, advanced SQL skills and ability to build code to query databases (SQL Server, Oracle, etc.)
- Assist business leaders in understanding the “story” contained within or behind the data/report
- High collaboration and consensus building skills (assuring that reports align with stated operational goals and/or strategy initiatives)
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills, especially around data acquisition, transforming data into information, and delivering information effectively
- Ability to generate insights through data analysis and process observation.
- Experience in the healthcare industry, particularly Medicare or Medicaid programs subject to regulatory compliance requirements at the state or federal level.
- Experience with BI Tools such as Qlikview, Tableau or a similar tool
- Experience developing reports in SSRS and ETL packages with SSIS
- Knowledge of Data Visualization and Data Modeling techniques
- Assist others on how to more efficiently code
- Strong mathematic and/or statistical skills
- Ability to see trends and provide advice regarding root cause(s) of any trend (positive and negative)
- SAS, ability to write SAS code
- Ability to interview business owners to define the need/problem/desire of a request and understand how best to fill the request to drive value.
At Humana, we know your well-being is important to you, and it’s important to us too. That’s why we’re committed to making resources available to you that will enable you to become happier, healthier, and more productive in all areas of your life. If you share our passion for helping people, we likely have the right place for you at Humana.
Scheduled Weekly Hours40