ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Effectively implements individualized resident care plans.
2. Assists residents with personal care and activities of daily living in a calm, professional and proficient manner; respecting residents’ privacy, dignity and safety.
3. Performs routine housekeeping tasks, including but not limited to: laundry, ironing, meal or menu planning or preparation, pet walking and feeding, closet organization, washing dishes, making beds, changing linens, kitchen chores.
4. Shops and performs errands for resident.
5. Escorts Resident to appointments and social activities, such as restaurants, cultural and/or sports events.
6. Promotes psychosocial well-being through meaningful relationships.
7. Practices safety, infection control, and standard precautions.
8. Notifies office in a timely fashion, of any change in a resident’s condition.
9. Adheres to all department policies, procedures, and care standards.
10. Maintains competency in the required job skills and knowledge.
11. Dresses in appropriate uniform at all times. Visibly displays ID Badge at all times.
12. Participates in Performance Improvement activities.
13. Adheres to and promotes the mission and philosophy of The Erickson Way.
• Demonstrates maturity.
• Able to understand and carry out directions and instructions and maintain simple records.
• Demonstrates a willingness to learn and a basic understanding of the needs of the Resident.
• Able to accept and use supervision.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• High school diploma or equivalent is required.
• Experience as a care provider serving the senior population preferred
Must be able to read, write, understand and communicate in the English language.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATES, REGISTRATIONS:
• Certified as a Home Health Aide, Certified Nursing Assistant, Geriatric Nursing Assistant or Personal Care Aide, or as per State and Federal law and regulations.
• CPR certification – Maryland only.