External Job PostingAs the Assistant Manager at Shopko, you will be in charge of our top priority: Serving our Customers better than any other retailer.
We strive to accomplish this goal as individuals and as members of a team, not only in our stores, but throughout the communities we serve. This innovative approach means a career with Shopko is rewarding to your life, community, and career.
The Assistant Manager manages the day-to-day operations of the store to meet all operational and merchandising objectives. They are instrumental in teaching and modeling Shopko's high standards of quality, safety, and customer service.
What will you do?
- Lead, coach and build teammate relationships in an environment of fast change; must be able to direct, and motivate a diverse teammate population.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems of varied scope; must be able to act decisively in implementing solutions
- Strong organizational skills for planning work and continuously monitoring progress towards goals.
- Ability to multi-task; ability to respond flexibly in a quickly changing environment.
- Have strong communication skills (both oral and written) for effective management of teams.
- Demonstrate an exemplary commitment to provide exceptional customer service.
- General knowledge of and ability to operate a personal computer; working knowledge of Excel and Word and a scheduling tool such as Resource Management.
With over 50 years of exceptional customer service in general merchandise, pharmacy and optical services!
- We want you to enjoy what you do
- You count, and our customers return because of you
- Flexible scheduling
- Be part of a fun, supportive, and energetic team
- We believe in promoting from within
What will your schedule be?
The work schedule may include mornings, afternoons, evenings, weekends, and holidays within the individual’s availability.
Shopko is an Equal Opportunity Employer functioning under an Affirmative Action Plan m/f/d/v.