Southwest Medical Hospice and Palliative Care continues to grow, as a result we have additional opportunities available with guaranteed hours and flexible schedules!
$3000 Sign On Bonus for External Candidates
Southwest Medical part of OptumCare is a multi - specialty group of physicians, Nurse Practitioners, and Physician Assistants consisting of over 300 providers, 21 medical health centers including six urgent care clinics, four convenient care centers, two lifestyle centers catering to older adults, an outpatient surgery center, home health, hospice and palliative care services, plus E-visits and online options via Now Clinic telemedicine technology. Southwest Medical offers patients compassion, innovation, and quality care throughout southern Nevada. Southwest Medical is headquartered in the greater Las Vegas, NV area.
Southwest Medical Associates is part of the Optum division under the greater UnitedHealth Group umbrella.
Southwest Medical Hospice, are seeking knowledgeable, compassionate RN's to provide direct care to hospice patients in their homes or facilities. As the Hospice Nurse, you would work with other healthcare professionals to determine the best overall care for your terminal patients. Additionally, you would provide emotional support to the patients' families. These positions offer potential for growth, a friendly staff, and an opportunity to interact with patients and their families on a more personal level.
The Hospice RN will be responsible for identifying patient / family needs and for providing supportive care, coordinating the case among the Interdisciplinary Group team in accordance with the plan of care in order to maximize the comfort and health of patients and families. As the Hospice RN you will be responsible for overseeing and participating in day to day clinical care of terminal patients and their families. You will also be responsible for clinical care and medical management activities across the continuum of care (assessing, planning, implementing, coordinating, monitoring and evaluating) as it relates to end of life palliative care.
- Coordinate with the RN Manager to assure the client driven plan of care that strives to meet positive outcomes through on - going evaluation using evidenced based practice
- Responsible for making certain that hospice care provided is compliant with State and Federal regulations (documentation and delivered) through participation in chart review and following established process
- Responsible for participation in orientation, ongoing education programs, and successful completion of competency requirements
- Responsible for providing services that are congruent with the policies of Southwest Medical Hospice within the scope of professional nursing practice as defined within the Nurse Practice Act
- Provide services to meet both internal and external customer's expectations
- Ensure hospice care is provided in accordance with agency and company Corporate Compliance Program
Current and unrestricted NV RN license or temporary NV RN license with the ability to obtain permanent NV RN license upon expiration of temporary NV RN license
Must be willing to travel within the Las Vegas area into patients home or facilities to provide comfort care and pain management
Must participate in weekend and / or after hours care of Hospice Patients as needed
Access to reliable transportation that will enable you to travel to client and / or patient sites within a designated area
1+ years of demonstrated competence in community health, critical care, oncology, HIV / AIDS, advanced illness or medical / surgical patient care setting
1+ years of Hospice experience (preferably in home hospice agency) Knowledge of professional standards of care and laws and regulations applicable to hospice services