The Polar Express Host will greet the dining room guests and seat them in an expedient fashion while maintaining a proper seating flow in the seating sections while maintaining exceptional guest service standards.Responsibilities
- Fully understand and support Xanterra Mission Statement and Core Values.
- Greet the guests as they approach the podium and make them feel welcome to the dining room.
- Seat the guest(s) as quickly as possible or if table is not immediately available accurately informing the guest(s) of how long the wait period will be.
- Keep the seating chart current and seat guests in a proper flow in the sections so as to not over seat any sections.
- Keep menus clean and presentable and discard any menus that are too worn or tattered.
- Be knowledgeable with all buffet sections.
- Report any guest complaints and/or issues immediately to the Service Manager or Unit Manager. Respond to such in a professional, sincere manner.
- Complete opening and closing side duties according to dining room standards.
- Maintain seating log to ensure accurate cover count for the seating period.
- Assist Buffet servers as needed to clear and set tables.
- Is knowledgeable and follows Xanterra phone etiquette policy.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be at least 16 years of age to meet minimum age requirements.