The Polar Express Host is responsible for properly greeting the dining room guests and seating them in an expedient fashion while maintaining a proper seating flow in the seating sections and interacting with guests in a friendly cheerful manner .
- Fully understand and support Xanterra Mission Statement and Core Values.
- Greet the guests as they approach the podium and make them feel welcome to the dining room.
- Seat the guest(s) as quickly as possible or if table is not immediately available accurately informing the guest(s) of how long the wait period will be.
- Keep the seating chart current and seat guests in a proper flow in the sections so as to not over seat any sections.
- Keep menus clean and presentable and discard any menus that are too worn or tattered.
- Be knowledgeable with all buffet sections.
- Report any guest complaints and/or issues immediately to the Service Manager or Unit Manager. Respond to such in a professional, sincere manner.
- Complete opening and closing side duties according to dining room standards.
- Maintain seating log to ensure accurate cover count for the seating period.
- Assist Buffet servers as needed to clear and set tables.
- Is knowledgeable and follows Xanterra phone etiquette policy.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be at least 16 years of age or older.
- Previous experience in a guest facing position preferably in the Hospitality Industry.
- Ability to display and practice being a team player.
- Verbal comprehension (Understand oral and written communications, follow detailed directions).
- Communication skills (provide clear instructions/directions)
- Reasoning skills (problem solving and troubleshooting skills)
- Basic math skills.
- Work safely to prevent on the job accidents and injuries.
- Work in inclement restaurant conditions.
- Work safely to ensure company equipment is secure.
- Wear protective equipment as required by the job duties.
- Complete required alcohol awareness and food safety certifications.
- Work hours may include a nonstandard workweek, overtime, and various shift work as needed.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is:
- Constantly standing, walking, twisting, using eye/hand coordination, manual dexterity, handling, wrist motion, bending/ stooping.
- Frequently carrying, bending, stooping, lifting, pushing, and pulling items weighing up to 10lbs.
- Occasionally carrying, bending, stooping, lifting, pushing, and pulling items weighing up to 50lbs.
- Constantly listening, hearing, seeing, and speaking.
- Will be required to stand and walk for long periods of time on cement floors and to occasionally walk on uneven surfaces.