Guest registration, checkout, collect payment and provide property information to the guests.
Fully understand and support Xanterra Mission Statement and Core Values.
- Follow established The Grand Hotels front desk procedures in carrying out assigned duties.
- Register guests in a prompt, efficient and courteous manner.
- Handle guest accounts properly including posting of charges, and collection of payment.
- Maintain strict guest security in controlling keys, issuing keys, and divulging guest information.
- Knowledgeable of property information (hours of operations, activities, etc.) and provide accurate information of Grand Canyon National Park and surrounding areas to guests inquires.
- Responsible to receive a guest’s request or complaint; own it and follow up to verify the request or problem has been resolved to the guest’s satisfaction; involve the supervisor as necessary.
- Work closely with Unit Housekeeping department to keep status of rooms current and up to date.
- Work with Bell staff to assist guests with requests as needed.
- Adhere to all XanterraTusayan, LLC lost and found procedures.
- Maintain bank with accuracy and security; close out at end of shift bank, balance and deposit.
- Ability to shift priorities and duties as directed by supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned
- Previous public contact work experience.
- Previous experience as a hotel front desk or reservations agent.
- Ability to professionally and courteously interact with a broad cross-section of diverse guests.
- Experience with computers and Windows type software.
- Ability to properly handle cash and credit cards.
- Good verbal communication skills.