Primary Location: -Choose One-United States
CareMeridian is a partner of The MENTOR Network, a national network of local human services providers offering quality, community-based services to adults and children with intellectual and developmental disabilities, brain and spinal cord injuries and other catastrophic injuries and illnesses, and to youth with emotional, behavioral and medically complex challenges as well as their families. With opportunities from coast to coast, when you join CareMeridian and The MENTOR Network, you’ll make a difference every day and help to provide quality of life enhancing services to individuals across the country.
Description Every person needs the support of others, but we look for very special people to support individuals with disabilities; children with emotional, behavioral or medical complexities; children and adults with brain injury. As a Cook/Housekeeper with Care Meridian you’ll be one of those special people. For Care Meridian and The MENTOR Network the Cook is critical to our success and exemplifies the wonderful mission driven work we do here every day. To that end, the Cook/Housekeeper also happens to be a great place to start in our company with a myriad of career options to move up and across the organization. Whether you have previous experience in this capacity or this just sounds like the type of career path you would like to pursue…we want to hear from you! Care Meridian is seeking a Cook/Housekeeper to coordinate menus and maintain kitchen inventory, handle food properly in compliance with health safety, clean all common areas, ensuring that the home or facility is neat and debris free. The Cook will prepare food for consumers and ensure cooking equipment is in good order.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Six months related experience
- Experience preferred (but will train the right candidate with the right attitude and willingness to learn.)
- Must be able to read/write a menu for patients
- Must also be willing to prepare food on a daily basis per patients feeding requirements and restrictions with menu items in addition to cleaning and housekeeping duties
- Must also be willing to commute to the store for grocery shopping.
- This require you have a vehicle and transport groceries