This is a Seasonal position responsible for cleaning guest rooms to standard at the Grand Canyon Railway Hotel.
- Fully understand and support Xanterra Mission Statement and Core Values.
- Clean assigned guest accommodations to Company standards (within allocated time period) including making beds, cleaning bathrooms, dusting, amenities, removing dirty linens, cleaning outside guest rooms, in hallways and surrounding grounds.
- Control all keys, master and guest room keys, and maintain security of guest rooms, both vacant and occupied.
- Strictly follow standards in cleaning stay over rooms in dealing with guest’s property.
- Follow instructions given by Inspector, Supervisor or Management regarding having to return to the room to correct any discrepancies.
- Strictly follow all lost and found procedures. Immediately report lost and found items to the Inspector, Supervisor or Management.
- Report any maintenance related problems to the Inspector, Supervisor or Management immediately.
- Stock cart neatly and safely, according to standards as instructed.
- Follow instructions in use of all chemicals and cleaning agents.
- Practice Risk Management procedures, including morning stretches, to ensure a safe working environment.Report any safety problems immediately to your supervisors.
- Wear required personal protective equipment while performing tasks.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of rooms and hotel layout on GCR property, including general knowledge of Xanterra Grand Canyon Railway guest services with the ability to convey information to the guests.
- Ability to complete assigned tasks without close supervision.
- Previous experience in a housekeeping or custodial position.
- Verbal comprehension (Understand oral and written communications, follow detailed directions to ensure proper delivery and pickup of guest baggage.
- Communication skills (provide clear instructions/directions)
- Reasoning skills (problem solving and troubleshooting skills)
- Work safely to prevent on the job accidents and injuries
- Work safely to ensure company equipment is secure.
- Wear protective equipment as required by the job duties.
- Work hours may include a nonstandard workweek, overtime, and various shift work as needed.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is constantly standing, walking, balancing, climbing, twisting, eye/hand coordination, manual dexterity, handling, wrist motion, bending/ stooping.
- Trunk Strength-The ability to use your abdominal and lower back muscles to support part of the body repeatedly or continuously over time without giving our or fatiguing.
- Static Strength-The ability to exert maximum muscle force to lift, push, pull or carry objects.
- Constant carrying, bending, stooping, lifting, pushing, and pulling items weighing up to 75lbs.
- Constantly pushing loaded cart weighing up to 500 lbs.
- Constantly listening, hearing, seeing.
- Will be required to stand and walk for long periods of time and to occasionally walk on uneven surfaces.