SUMMARY: The HR Business Partner for our People Experience department is responsible for handling a wide array of areas including compliance, reporting, compensation, employee engagement, performance management and all other general human resources functions.
- Responsible for monitoring risks, compliance obligations, internal control effectiveness, and the rectification of process deficiencies.
- Responsible for maintaining and expanding knowledge of existing and proposed federal, state and local laws/regulations affecting human resource management.
- Advises management and all relevant departments accordingly on the best methods to use to stay in compliance.
- Develops, implements, and evaluates company-wide People Experience compliance policies, programs, and functions.
- Ensure performance evaluations, terminations, employee grievances, and internal investigations are done within full compliance of all relevant State and Federal laws and regulations.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining job codes, job titles, salary/compensation structure, and commission guidelines.
- Works on performance management program development including: goal setting, performance evaluations, appraisals, and rewards and recognition.
- Partners with the Finance Department and business managers with the administration of recognition programs, compensation changes and provides suggestions to improve existing programs, or introduces new concepts to maintain employee interest and involvement.
- Collaborates with compensation vendors to collect, evaluate and analyze market and job data results.
- Assists with the development, implementation and administration of compensation policies and programs.
- Identifies current and possible future areas of concern when modifying compensation structures and practices.
- Pairs with the People Attraction team in the preparation of job descriptions and reviews requests for new/revised classifications to determine appropriate salary grade and compensation structure.
- Collaborates with the appropriate subject matter experts to create, modify and implement policies where needed.
- Interacts and works closely with the Manager of People Experience and People Experience Leadership to identify process gaps and possible solutions.
- Develops and implements quality control processes and measures across the People Experience operations function.
Reporting and Analytics
- Responsible for data collection and reporting for specific business requests.
- Analyzes core data established by the People Experience dashboard, and makes suitable recommendations to address internal and external issues.
- Coordinates and administers HRIS systems to track analytics and meet management information needs.
- Pairs with ADP- Casebuilder to process all unemployment claims, respond to claims, and litigating UI claims as necessary.
- Responds to tickets assigned through Ticketing System.
- Assists with People Experience responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources and 2 to 3 years’ work experience in Human Resources.
- CP/PHR or SCP/SPHR Certification preferred.
- Experience and full knowledge of local, state and federal employment laws and regulations with full understanding of human resources practices and procedures, experience working with Puerto Rico a plus.
- Previous payroll and strong benefits experience preferably with ADP products.
- MS Office experience including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint at an intermediate to advance level.
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills are required.
- Strong analytical skills, attention to detail and the ability to meet deadlines are required.
- Requires flexibility to work long hours and weekends during peak business operations periods.
- Strong customer service excellence focus is required.
- Team player and collaborative approach to meeting mutual goals are required.
- Ability to work independently with little to no supervision.
- Must work in our Coral Gables FL headquarters office
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position for long periods of time.
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, a computer, and a printer.
- Must be able to communicate for long periods of time on the phone.
- Must be able to communicate and to exchange accurate information with employees and peers.