BJ's Wholesale Club was the first retailer to introduce the warehouse club concept in the northeastern United States. Today, we’re a multibillion dollar operation with more than 200 clubs in 16 states from Maine to Florida.
While our Members know us for helping them save up to 25% off grocery prices every day, our Team Members love us for providing a supportive and engaging workplace that’s committed to developing great talent.
If you’re a motivated and enthusiastic person who enjoys working collaboratively and is committed to providing great service for our Members, we want to hear from you. BJ’s offers a fast-paced, team environment with great training opportunities and competitive salary and benefits packages to help you succeed.
HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGER
The responsibility of the Human Resources Manager is to administer the programs, policies and procedures of the Human Resources Department, in the club. Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop sources of qualified applicants, interview and screen candidates, administer tests, check references, evaluate/applicant qualifications, make final decision re: the hire of non-exempt TMs and arrange for preliminary training for newly hired employees, including intranet based training.
- Supervise and directs activities of Human Resources Department
- Oversee scheduling process for all hourly TMs, in order to keep within budget guidelines
- Administer all personnel paperwork related to hourly employees, including wage increases, hourly employees' promotion: and terminations, workers comp and unemployment claims
- Have authority to adjust pay checks
- Conduct benefit orientation and oversee annual benefit open enrollment
- Ensure club payroll is completed accurately and on time and that payroll records are monitored
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- College Degree Preferred
- Interviewing/hiring techniques, payroll background, counseling experience
- 1-3 years payroll, clerical or personnel experience in a Supervisory capacity
BJ's Wholesale Club is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all qualified team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, physical and/or mental disability, genetic information, atypical cellular or blood trait, marital and/or familial status, pregnancy, gender identity and expression, military or veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.