Assists the human resources department in achieving its mission by providing administrative and project support to members of the human resources management team as assigned. Under guidance, key areas of responsibility include responding to common HR inquiries for a variety of HR questions and issues, monitoring and tracking projects, providing administrative support to multiple staff members, monitoring and tracking budgets, working with vendors and assisting with ad-hoc projects as needed.
Provides exceptional customer service by handling manager and associate inquiries, requests, and concerns via phone, email, live chat, and/or written correspondence. Serves as a liaison between associates and human resources departments.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Administers and/or maintains programs for assigned human resources functional areas. Examples could include managing the interview center, learning management system, training course administration, benefits programs, payroll, payroll tax, etc.
- Responds to questions from associates with respect to hr and/or payroll programs. Research questions and communicate information to program participants. Escalates more complex issues to subject matter experts.
- Tracks budget / expenditures; maintains appropriate ongoing communication. Ensures departmental invoices and expense reports are tracked, approved and forwarded in a timely manner.
- Effectively utilizes and maintains hr systems which may include databases or software programs such as People Soft.
- Compiles, tracks, and summarizes data for human resources programs and processes. Conducts data entry for hr and payroll systems.
- Monitors and tracks multiple projects; monitors timelines and deliverables.
- Works with vendors to maintain and administer hr processes.
- Under guidance, creates and improves administrative processes.
- Provides administrative support to multiple team members and maintains files of records and publications.
- Prepares and creates materials for handouts or presentations including excel, word and PowerPoint documents.
- Works on special projects.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- A minimum of three years administrative experience
- Understanding and previous use of a Windows-based computer system
- Proficiency in MS Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Effective demonstration of the H&R Block Block Behaviors (core competencies)
- Effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work independently with a high degree of accuracy, thoroughness, and professionalism
- Ability to complete projects by deadlines and communicate progress
- High level of integrity and ability to maintain strict confidentiality of information handled
- Demonstrated orientation toward quality and client-focused behavior
- Associates degree in business or other related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Prior experience in Human Resources
- Experience with PeopleSoft HRMS or similar HRIS program
- Prior experience working with operational systems – i.e., HRIS, applicant tracking systems, facilities management systems, etc.