The HR Systems Functional Manager will provide leadership and subject-matter-expertise for the Talent / Performance Management work stream in H&R Block's Workday human capital management (HCM) implementation. They will align project requirements and deliverables with the strategic and tactical goals of the organization. Establish and nurture positive relationships with project sponsors, participants, stakeholders and customers. Measure and be accountable for the short- and long-term results, with ongoing support and leadership of the Talent module once the HCM implementation is complete.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide leadership and subject-matter-expertise for the Talent / Performance Management work stream in H&R Block's Workday HCM implementation.
- Partner with the implementation team to design the solution to align with delivered functionality and meet business requirements.
- Own testing for Talent / Performance, write test plans and test cases in compliance with relevant organizational and industry standards.
- Creates clear documentation and communication with IT partners to support all technical needs of the work stream.
- Maintain and update test documentation; support the creation of training documentation, understanding regular Workday release notes, and help notes to ensure accuracy of applications and related documentation.
- Executes end-to-end functional tests and utilizes automated tests developed by others to exercise system. Collaborates to achieve end-to-end product and process quality.
- Facilitate meetings with cross-functional team members; drive information, analysis and recommendations to support the product.
- Deeply understands the business needs the product is trying to meet and applies this understanding to guide testing. Applies a comprehensive understanding of the product functions.
- Once the project is complete, perform ongoing support and leadership of the Talent module.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Project Management, Management Information Systems, Computer Science or related area, or the equivalent through a combination of education and work experience.
- Five years of management experience and a familiarity with formal project management methodologies.
- Demonstrated decision-making, analytical and problem solving abilities.
- Track record of establishing priorities and meeting deadlines.
- Effective written and oral presentation skills and facilitation skills. Ability to communicate with all levels of internal associates, external vendors and business partners.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team, but with little formal supervision or guidance.
- Experience with Workday HCM application is a plus; preferably a detailed understanding of the Talent / Performance module.
- Experience working in a Human Resources role, as an HR Generalist and / or Subject Matter Expert in the Talent Management / Performance area is helpful.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software and project planning tools.