About the role…
- Provide leadership and subject-matter-expertise for the Talent / Performance Management work stream in H&R Block's Workday HCM implementation.
- Partner with the implementation team to design the solution to align with delivered functionality and meet business requirements.
- Own testing for Talent / Performance, write test plans and test cases in compliance with relevant organizational and industry standards.
- Creates clear documentation and communication with IT partners to support all technical needs of the work stream.
- Maintain and update test documentation; support the creation of training documentation, understanding regular Workday release notes, and help notes to ensure accuracy of applications and related documentation.
- Executes end-to-end functional tests and utilizes automated tests developed by others to exercise system. Collaborates to achieve end-to-end product and process quality.
- Facilitate meetings with cross-functional team members; drive information, analysis and recommendations to support the product.
- Deeply understands the business needs the product is trying to meet and applies this understanding to guide testing. Applies a comprehensive understanding of the product functions.
- Once the project is complete, perform ongoing support and leadership of the Talent module.
- Experience working in a Human Resources role, as an HR Generalist and / or Subject Matter Expert in the Talent Management / Performance area is helpful.
- Bachelor's degree or the equivalent through a combination of education and work experience.
- Five years of management experience and a familiarity with formal project management methodologies.
- Experience with Workday HCM application is a plus but not required (preferably a detailed understanding of the Talent / Performance module). Demonstrated decision-making, analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Track record of establishing priorities and meeting deadlines.
- Effective written and oral presentation skills and facilitation skills. Ability to communicate with all levels of internal associates, external vendors and business partners.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team, but with little formal supervision or guidance.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software and project planning tools.
About H&R Block...
The H&R Block purpose is simple. To provide help and inspire confidence in our clients and communities everywhere. We’ve been true to that purpose since the beginning when brothers Henry and Richard Bloch founded the company in 1955. Since that time, we’ve grown to have company-owned and franchise retail locations in all 50 states, Puerto Rico, on U.S. military bases internationally and around the world and we serve taxpayers with approximately 12,000 retail offices and digital tax solutions
Our company is forward thinking and innovative. Our leadership is accessible. Our associates are welcoming and bring unique and diverse perspectives. We believe we are better together. We are also curious, creative and determined to be the best we can be. Now that is something to feel great about!