At Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, we're getting the word out on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. And that's where you come in. As a Product Manager, you'll strategically and creatively think about how the consumer experience should work ? translating a vision to processes and requirements that impact millions of lives and help heal the health care system. In return, you'll have a lasting impact on our success and the support and resources of a Fortune 5 industry leader.
Working in association with the Business Operations Capability Lead across both physical products and services alike, the Human Capital Capability Owner will help develop and implement HC capability across Optum’s portfolio of existing and future products.
The Human Capital Capability Owner will apply their detailed HC knowledge to define and prioritize capability ‘backlog’ based on business value defined by internal or external clients. Initial focus will be on the development of a key product line for Primary Care, however the remit will expand to cover wider health system offerings over time. The role is part of the Product Team, and report to Optum’s Business Operations Product Capability Lead.
Working either from the Paddington, London office or Telecommuting/Working At Home, this position is based wherever most convenient for the applicant on a regular basis. However, meetings in Paddington and through various parts England are regular and often weekly.
Systems Product Development
- Provide subject matter expertise to support design and implementation of dedicated HC systems and processes
- Review product outputs, plans and deliverables to ensure they meet market requirements
- Facilitate and influence changes to HC related product portfolio to optimise performance
- Develop, re-design, document and support testing of new system processes with pilot/development customers, ensuring consistent deployment and standardization
- Work closely with product and technology colleagues to develop business requirements to configure the HC elements of Optum derived or integrated products including our Primary Care ERP solution
- Support evaluation of HC system pilots, engaging with internal and external stakeholders
Service Product Development
- Develop an HC Service capability that aligns with Optum’s Product Strategy
- Evaluate and re-design Optum’s existing HC related service provision in line with best practice and Optum’s Business Operations strategy
- Work in close association with operational leads, develop and implement any newly developed service provision and ‘productize’ HC service delivery
- Support the implementation of any newly defined service
- Work closely with the Lead as required on make/buy decisions where Optum is adopting a systems integrator role
- Work within an Agile development methodology framework and in close association with the Product Owner and Product Manager, continue to develop, configure, test and document the ERP HR Module Development
- Provide a bridge between the HC Product/Delivery Teams and the in-house IT development teams to best facilitate end project solutions
- Continually evolve the system by supporting ongoing pilots and subsequent system implementations to understand usage practices and make recommendations for improvements
- Manage and facilitate effective User Acceptance Testing for new & updated systems, fixes and enhancements
- Experience in Human Capital roles such as HC manager, Director and/or Business Partner
- Degree or demonstrate equivalent experience as a qualified Human Capital professional
- Demonstrable understanding of typical HC systems in use in the market today and their application
- In-depth understanding of UK employment law as well as the statutory obligations for organisations in relation to Equality & Diversity, Payroll, Data Protection etc
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Excellent analytical and problem solving capabilities with special attention to accuracy and detail
- Ability to work closely and flexibly with multi-disciplinary teams
- Ability to effectively prioritise and multi-task in high volume workload situations
- An understanding of statutory obligations related to the NHS and its associates such as General Practioners and other 3rd party service providers etc
- Experience in product development, delivering cost reduction / transformation programmes, product development and working in an Agile product development
- Experience with open source ERP or HC systems
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greno prob jatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Keywords: HR, Human Resources, Human Capital, HC, London, UK, United Kingdom