Whelan Security is a performance-based company that cares deeply about maintaining our conservative business culture. The Human Resources Manager (HRM) is responsible for providing HR direction and counsel to branch HR Team members, streamlining hiring processes to ensure consistent, effective and efficient hiring new team members, training, posting/reposting officers and ensuring compliance with federal, state and local laws within the assigned branch. The HRM role is 10% strategic and 90% tactical. The strategic portion consists of driving business results through solid people strategy and leadership, which includes the following four leadership principles – 1) hire great people, 2) set clear expectations, 3) provide the tools they need to succeed, 4) hold them accountable.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Leadership to branch HR team members – may supervise 1-3 office support staff
- Tactically involved in the recruitment process to ensure a continuous applicant pool
- Ensure constant communication and use of referral program
- Manage and participate in targeted recruiting initiatives by communicating regularly with the General Manager, Regional Human Resources Manager, and Client Service Managers regarding specific recruiting needs
- Attend recruitment functions such as job fairs, career days, and other events to source candidate
- Oversee or manage selection, on-boarding and placement process specific to all new employees
- Oversee the on-boarding process to ensure compliance with company standards such as PEAK and background checks
- Communicate open and in process positions to all branch staff
- Distribute required weekly, monthly reporting
- Ensure compliance to Whelan required training including Welcome to Whelan, Supervisor Training, CPR, and Driver required assessments, training and checklist
- Facilitate employee engagement by co-writing eNPS action plans and encouraging officer recognition programs such as Officer of the Month and Making a Difference Awards
- Guarantee compliance for all state licensing requirements
- Enforce all state training requirements
- Support benefit communication during annual open enrollment and serve as ongoing liaison between officers and corporate office
- Ensure compliance with regulatory or collective bargaining requirements (where applicable)
- Process FMLA/LOA requests
- Manage all workers’ compensation claims for the branch
- Ensure OSHA compliance and reporting for the branch
- Complete all requests for unemployment claims for the branch
- Responsible for creating a safety culture within the branch
- Facilitate branch progressive disciple policies and ensure it is executed fairly and consistently
- Respond to all Ethics & Compliance hotline alerts
- Investigate all allegations of policy violations
- BS/BA degree in human resources, business administration or related field
Be Supported: Whelan employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, supplemental benefits, (including dental, vision, short term disability, life insurance, and legal assistance plans), 401(k) retirement plan, employee assistance program, prescription discount cards, paid vacations, and more!
Be Challenged: Our extensive training program and career progression opportunities create an environment where employees can thrive, succeed, and enhance their careers.
Be Rewarded: We are proud to acknowledge and reward exceptional employees who make a difference to customers, the team, and the organization through our comprehensive Employee Recognition Program.
Be Valued: We are more than a team – we are a family! The distinctive culture of our family business sets us apart from every other contract security company in the industry.
At Whelan, we are passionate about our employees. If you have a passion for people and wish to join a family-owned, industry leading organization – APPLY NOW!
Click “Apply” to begin the application process immediately; or if you wish to expedite your application, we encourage you to visit our local branch office located at 1699 S Hanley Rd #100 Brentwood, MO 63144 to apply in person. For more information, you can also call us at .
Not convinced? Listen to what our team members have to say!