This position is for a Human Resources/Accounting Clerk. Primary accounting responsibilities include preparing daily sales and cash reports, performing accounts payable, and general office work. Human Resources serves as a point of contact for routine enquiries, employee relations, recreation, and recruitment.
Must have professional verbal and written communication skills, strong customer service skills, and the ability to work well with others. Knowledge of basic business skills include typing, filing, use of office equipment (copier, fax, ten-key): PC skills including MS Office Word, Excel, Outlook, KRONOS Time keeping and Lawson applications are required. Candidate must maintain a high level of confidentiality. The season at Rocky Mountain National Park runs from approximately mid-May until mid-October.
All positions at Rocky Mountain are full-time seasonal positions, there are NO full-time year round positions.
Accounting Clerk Responsibilities:
- Perform all duties with respect to the Company’s Core Values, Mission Statement, and guest services standards.
- Count and audit the daily cash deposit, enter data, and reconcile with Raymark reports. Report any deviation to the department manager and controller.
- Prepare daily bank deposits and take to the bank.
- Accurately maintain the house bank according to policy, issue and receive departmental banks, and efficiently order change to keep store and office banks well stocked.
- Prepare coin machine funds for report and deposit.
- Log invoices in Lawson, batch weekly and send to controller for payment.
- Maintain shuttle van allowance and gas log on a timely basis for controller's reference.
- Prepare and distribute National Park Service Weekly reports.
- Receive and distribute payroll checks throughout the season
- Maintain a professional attitude and appearance while on duty and in dealing with both employees and guests.
- Know the correct procedures for fire alarms and other emergency situations at location.
- Perform duties outside the job classification assigned by management along with any other responsibilities deemed necessary.
- Enter all employees in Xanterra's system: Lawson, iCims, Kronos, etc.
- Maintain individual employee files ensuring all necessary documents are included;
- Maintain federal forms and confidential information is properly stored.
- Correspond with Corporate HR and payroll to establish payroll information, employee ID numbers, and any other required data.
- Prepare employee badges.
- Assist GM with entering KRONOS time keeping information and verification.
- Assist at orientation and serve as a liaison with corporate HR to answer any employee questions or actions taken.
- Maintain a training record file.
- Assist GM as needed.
- General cash handling experience preferred.
- Accounting degree and/or related work experience.
- Strong communication and people skills.
- Motivational, organizational, and time management skills.
- Knowledge of general office procedures.
- Office machine skills, especially PC experience.
- Knowledge of the following PC software: MS Word®, MS Excel®, MS Outlook®.
- Knowledge of Lawson, Kronos, iCims, helpful.
- Advertise and promote recreation activities. Assist with all employee functions
- Must maintain a high level of confidentiality related to personnel matters
- Ability to deal tactfully with problem situations.
- Ability to perform majority of work while sitting at a desk.
- Physical stamina and conditioning is required to withstand extensive walking, lifting, and transporting of supplies and equipment. This function may include loading company vehicles, moving supplies and equipment weighing up to 50 pounds to and from work stations on location (up to 100 yards).