Human Resources Business Partner
Primary Location: MI-MINovi-40020 Grand River Ave
NeuroRestorative Michigan is seeking a Human Resources Business Partner to lead HR initiatives across the State of Michigan. Michigan is the largest state in NeuroRestorative providing brain injury services in a variety of service line options.
This is a great opportunity to bring your skills to a position that is committed to partnership, growth, and strategic Human Resources Management!
Description In this high impact role you will act as a business partner to an Executive Director and other business leaders. The staff and programs you will support provide people with innovative, quality services and care that lead to growth and independence. While you'll provide the full array of HR services, you can expect to invest the largest part of your time in employee relations, resourcing, workers compensation, employee retention and training. The MENTOR Network is focused on core growth -- we're currently a billion-dollar organization in 35 states -- and we are looking for impact players who can grow with us. In this role, you will be raising the level of strategic HR focus throughout your region, helping your business leaders think more proactively on HR issues, employee engagement and how to drive business performance through strategic human resources management and development. This is a true generalist role, and you'll handle all aspects of HR. At the same time, you'll spend a good deal of your time coaching managers on employee relations issues, responding to employee concerns and conducting internal investigations. As you would expect, you'll have the support of your HR Director and Legal as appropriate. Another area of focus will be assisting in the implementation of the State safety program and workers compensation. You will also assist leaders in assessing training needs. This will include counseling leaders and employees about on-the-job and formal training opportunities to develop new skills and prepare for advancement.
- Four-year college degree in Human Resources, Business or other related field; PHR certification is preferred.
- Three to five years of HR generalist experience, including experience with employee relations, internal investigations, workers compensation and training.
- A demonstrated ability to act as a strategic partner with business leaders.
- Experience working with large workforces distributed across many small sites such as retail or restaurant industries preferred.
- Self-motivation, a high-energy approach and a sense of urgency.
- Excellent organizational skills, communication abilities and a team-player.
- A strong sense of ethics and values.
- Customer focused.