Human Resources Business Partner
Primary Location: CA-CARancho Cucamonga-9166 Anaheim Pl
The MENTOR Network is seeking a Human Resources Business Partner for California
In this high impact role you will act as a business partner to an Executive Director and other business leaders. The staff and programs you will support provide people with innovative, quality services and care that lead to growth and independence. While you'll provide the full array of HR services, you can expect to invest the largest part of your time in employee relations, resourcing, workers compensation, employee retention, recruitment and training. The MENTOR Network is focused on core growth -- we're currently a billion-dollar organization in 35 states -- and we are looking for impact players who can grow with us.
In this role, you will be raising the level of strategic HR focus throughout your region, helping your business leaders think more proactively on HR issues, employee engagement and how to drive business performance through strategic human resources management and development.
This is a true generalist role, and you'll handle all aspects of HR. At the same time, you'll spend a good deal of your time coaching managers on employee relations issues, responding to employee concerns and conducting internal investigations. As you would expect, you'll have the support of your HR Director and Legal as appropriate.
Another area of focus will be assisting in the implementation of the State safety program and workers compensation. You will also assist leaders in assessing training needs. This will include counseling leaders and employees about on-the-job and formal training opportunities to develop new skills and prepare for advancement.
- Four-year college degree in Human Resources, Business or other related field; PHR or SHRM-CP certification is preferred.
- Three to five years of HR generalist experience, including experience with employee relations, internal investigations, workers compensation and training.
- A demonstrated ability to act as a strategic partner with business leaders.
- Experience working with large workforces distributed across many small sites such as retail or restaurant industries preferred.
- Self-motivation, a high-energy approach and a sense of urgency.
- Excellent organizational skills, communication abilities and a team-player.
- A strong sense of ethics and values.
- Customer focused.
This is a field HR role. You will be traveling an average of a few times a month to field offices and programs. This will include overnight travel. In general you will plan your travel ahead, but occasionally you will need to drive or fly to a location on short notice to handle an employee relations issue or to conduct an internal investigation.
Founded in 1980, The MENTOR Network is a national network of local human services providers offering an array of quality, community-based services in more than 30 states to adults and children with intellectual and developmental disabilities, brain and spinal cord injuries and other catastrophic injuries and illnesses, and to youth with emotional, behavioral and medically complex challenges as well as their families.