Human Resources Coordinator
Primary Location: MD-MDPikesville-1017 Resiterstown Rd
Adult Day Health Inc
Adult Day Health offers a continuum of services and supports for elders, including those with complex medical or rehabilitative needs. Our services help those we serve feel their best and be as active as they would like to be. Currently we serve over 4,500 members in 28 vibrant, culturally-specific centers located throughout MA, MD, and NJ.
We are currently seeking an HR Coordinator to support 3 HR Generalists by assisting with recruiting and onboarding of employees, reviewing and maintaining employee records and ensuring compliance with regulatory and company standards.
The ideal candidate should have:
- Basic understanding and knowledge of HR laws
- Experience with the full life cycle of an employee (from onboarding to termination)
- Experience with recruitment
- Attention to detail
- Excellent customer service, communication, multi-tasking and organizational skills
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential function listed below.
- Ensures all necessary information is maintained in the employee personnel record. Distributes information to supervisor or others and files completed information.
- Sets up and maintains confidential, sensitive files and records, ensuring efficient retrieval of information.
- Tracks requests for new and replacement positions, and salary and job changes.
- Processes paperwork required for job and salary changes, terminations and other status changes.
- Recruits employees by posting employment ads, sourcing, screening, scheduling and assisting with the interview process. Conducts and maintains file of background check results on applicants and performs registry and license verification checks.
- Ensures that proper new hire paperwork has been completed, including I-9 documentation and background check results.
- Coordinates and delivers new hire orientation and scheduling by working closely with the hiring manager, members of leadership, and others as required.
- Assists with communications on open enrollment and other initiatives and responds to general questions from employees.
- Refers employee relations issues to HR Generalists.
- Complies with HR policies and practices, referring questions to immediate supervisor.
- Produces reports as needed.
- Performs other related duties and activities as required.
- Serves as backup to timekeeper.
Qualifications: What we offer you:
- A chance to make a difference in peoples’ lives on a daily basis
- A rewarding work environment with some of the best co-workers you could ask for
- Competitive pay rates and paid time off
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Holiday pay
- Family-oriented environment, employee events
- Career development and advancement opportunities
- A dynamic work environment where no day is ever the same as the next
- Bachelors degree preferred
- Minimum of two (2) years related HR experience required
- Ability to succeed in a fast-paced environment
- Attention to detail
- Excellent computer skills
Founded in 1980, The MENTOR Network is a national network of local human services providers offering an array of quality, community-based services in more than 30 states to adults and children with intellectual and developmental disabilities, brain and spinal cord injuries and other catastrophic injuries and illnesses, and to youth with emotional, behavioral and medically complex challenges as well as their families. EOE/AAE