About the Organization
Tower Health is a strong, regional, integrated healthcare provider/payer system that offers leading-edge, compassionate healthcare and wellness services to a population of 2.5 million people. Together, our six hospitals and other entities provide a full range of medical care from prevention, screenings & education; to the latest clinical services and surgeries available; to rehabilitation. We also offer wellness programs & public health services that ensure our communities are the healthiest they can be. Our caring, highly trained physicians and staff are committed to patient safety and patient satisfaction.
With more than 11,000 team members, Tower Health includes Reading Hospital, a teaching hospital based in West Reading; Brandywine Hospital in Coatesville; Chestnut Hill Hospital, a teaching hospital in Philadelphia; Jennersville Hospital in West Grove; Phoenixville Hospital in Phoenixville; and Pottstown Hospital in Pottstown. We also operate Reading Hospital Rehabilitation at Wyomissing & Reading Hospital School of Health Sciences, & we have a comprehensive physician network.
Collaboration across Tower Health enables our hospitals, providers, leadership & staff to leverage best practices across the health system. Our hospitals have received national recognition for advanced care in areas such as neurosurgery and stroke, cardiac & vascular surgery, trauma, hematology & oncology. Reading HealthPlex, which opened at Reading Hospital in October 2016, combines state-of-the-art technology and world-class design to make the HealthPlex one of the most sophisticated surgical centers & inpatient facilities in the region.
At Tower Health, we have a rich history of providing high-quality, cost-effective care in the communities we serve. As the healthcare industry continues to change, one thing remains steadfast: Tower Health’s commitment to Advancing Health, Transforming Lives.
- Plans, coordinates and administers human resource strategic plans and all related programs.
- Coordinates the day-to-day operations of the HR Department at Phoenixville Hospital.
- Develops, communicates and administers policies and procedures.
- Provides employee relations support throughout the organization.
- Facilitates leadership training and other identified training for employees and leadership.
- Manages the application of organizational compensation programs: executive, management, salaried and hourly.
- Manages the Tower Health benefit programs for the Hospital.
- Manages the Employee Health function for the Hospital.
- Insures compliance with all federal, state and local employment laws.
- Reports to the Chief Executive Officer of the Hospital with a dotted line reporting relationship to the Sr. VP & CHRO for Tower Health.
- Has 6 direct reports.
- Bachelors degree in Business, Psychology, Human Resources, Organizational Development or a related field
- Strong experience in human resources as a Generalist as well as experience as an HR Leader
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritize work in a high sense of urgency environment
- Strong business acumen
- Excellent communication, customer service and interpersonal skills
- Strong project management and process improvement skills
- Experience conducting investigations and formulating recommended actions based on the outcome of the investigation
- Experience facilitating training as well as focus groups
- Experience managing and communicating the compensation and benefit programs for the site
- Demonstrated ability to effectively balance between the needs of an organization and the needs of employees
- Evidence of experience leading staff through change, coaching and developing staff, as well as establishing, communicating and holding staff accountable to performance objectives and expectations
- Accessible, collaborative, resourceful, approachable, positive, visible, & responsive
- Experience developing, coaching and advising managers on employee engagement, policies, procedures and performance management