Basic Function: Assist in the recruitment, hiring, and onboarding of employees, as well as conduct general orientation and ServSafe food handler class. Implement and support on an ongoing basis all corporate learning and development initiatives.
This is a year-round position subject to an 8 week furlough during the winter off-season.
Reports To: Director, Human ResourcesResponsibilities
- Assist with the creation and posting of requisitions and updating screening and disposition processes through the Applicant Tracking System (iCims).
- Process and review employment applications in iCims.
- Interview, extend offers, and place qualified applicants into seasonal positions at a high volume (in person and over the phone).
- Submit Predictive Index Assessment to applicable candidates.
- Perform reference checks, employment verifications and background checks.
- Utilize Applicant Tracking System (iCims) to disposition candidates, including sending pre-employment paperwork, collecting housing deposits, and following up as needed.
- Process terminations, promotions, new hires, rehires and transfers in HRIS (Lawson) as needed.
- Facilitate the employee check-in process including greeting employees and assisting with new hire paperwork. Have a working knowledge of the ID Badge machine and uniform distribution.
- Work with Corporate Learning & Development to revise and distribute the Annual Refresher Employee Orientation.
- Develop and oversee the Concessioner’s learning and development strategy and facilitate and conduct the training programs.
- Work with Corporate Learning & Development to update the employee orientation presentation and the department heads to revise specific slides; to be delivered to employees during onboarding process mid-April through to mid-August.
- Act as Administrator for the tracking employee training for Glacier and Corporate Office.
- Revise and send to Corporate, the monthly training calendar.
- Have a thorough working knowledge and hands-on experience using LAWSON (HRIS) and KRONOS for data entry and recording employee hours for training, as well as hours for the Interpretive Specialist.
- Work with the Director of Human Resources to revise and streamline the HR Manager Training for Supervisors. Act as a resource for the Director, and be able to deliver this training when necessary.
- Attend job fairs when possible.
- Identify proposed dates for NPS Orientations and send to NPS for consideration. Once finalized, work with Location Managers to ensure attendance of employees on confirmed dates.
- Ensure compliance with the NPS Concessions Contract for all training requirements.
- Prepare the monthly NPS report with respect to training that has taken place.
- Approve the hours of the Interpretive Specialist.
- Work with corporate to coordinate yearly employee feedback surveys.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field and two years related experience in recruiting and learning and development or five year’s related experience in recruiting and learning and development.
- Skilled at online delivery of training through a learning management system.
- Display superior verbal, written, presentation and facilitation skills.
- Proven ability to build strong working relationships, internal and external to the organization.
- Experience with employee hiring process and new employee onboarding.
- Ability to manage multiple projects including ServSafe, TIPs training and other training programs aligned with operational units.
- Proficient in MS Office software such as: Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Publisher.
- Excellent planning, organizational, time management and prioritization skills.
- Maintain high quantity and quality performance in a fast-paced, frequently changing, demanding environment.
- Possess or be able to obtain a valid Montana Driver’s License, and comply with the Xanterra Glacier Company Vehicle Policy.
- Experience working with ICIMS and LAWSON (HRIS) preferable.
- Certified in TIPS training preferable.
- Instructor and Proctor status in ServSafe preferable.
- Previous supervisory experience in a hospitality environment preferable.