Human Resources Generalist
Primary Location: MD-MDPikesville-1017 Resiterstown Rd
Adult Day Health Inc
Adult Day Health, Inc., a partner of The MENTOR Network, is currently seeking a Human Resources Generalist. In this high impact role you will work with the State Director, Program Directors, and other Regional Leaders to support 11 programs in the Maryland area. The staff and programs you will support provide people with quality services in a day program setting. In this true Generalist role, you'll provide a full array of HR services, including employee relations, recruitment, workers compensation, and training.
Adult Day Health, Inc. is seeking a Human Resources Generalist to support the HR function within Maryland and surrounding states. This individual will handle employee relation issues, assist the Staff Recruitment Specialist with recruiting and sourcing talent, facilitate training programs, manage local workers compensation issues and will collaborate with HR leadership to implement policies and initiatives. The HR Generalist will administer other assignments and human resources management issues as appropriate.
- Collaborate with the hiring managers on the full cycle recruitment process. Develop and execute plan for sourcing and hiring candidates. Develop sourcing strategies and promote awareness of the organization through various activities such as job fairs, educational/college recruitment days, and career days.
- Monitor and analyze turnover to develop, recommend, and implement approved activities to address employee retention. Conduct exit interviews with staff to assess employee morale, trends, and training needs.
- Facilitate new employee onboarding activities. Provide input to improve and further develop new employee orientation and other training and development programs.
- Assist in assessing training needs. Counsel leaders and employees about on-the-job and formal training opportunities to develop new skills and prepare for advancement.
- Develop, coordinate, and conduct new leader training to ensure leaders understand and can effectively carry out their leadership responsibilities. Develop and conduct training for employees and leaders regarding a range of Human Resources issues.
- Coach managers on employee relations issues. Respond to employee concerns and conducts investigations. Elevate issues to HR Director and Legal as appropriate.
- Build relationships with department leaders to become a trusted advisor on a range of issues.
- Ensure maintenance of confidential documents and files related to employees.
- Work with Compensation to conduct job analysis for positions within the business unit to determine appropriate salary level according to compensation guidelines and policy. Regularly monitor market compensation data.
- Prepare, maintain, and analyze a variety of metrics, reports, and statistics.
- Serve as a Safety Committee member and assist in the implementation of the company's Safety Program.
- While this position is located in Pikesville, MD, regular travel to other programs within the state will be required. Occasional travel outside of Maryland may occur.
- Bachelor’s Degree plus three years of experience in Human Resources required.
- Competency with office skills: Microsoft Office; internet savvy.
- Experience with HRIS systems, reporting, applicant tracking software and online recruitment strategies preferred.
- Knowledge and understanding of applicable Employment laws.
- Proficient in written and oral communications.
- Ability to establish rapport quickly with people, friendly approach.
- Detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to juggle multiple priorities and carry out assigned job responsibilities.
- Self-motivation, a high-energy approach and a sense of urgency.
- Travel required within the state with occasional travel outside the state.
In addition to a competitive compensation/benefits package, including a 401(k) with company matching, we offer:
- A rewarding work environment with some of the best co-workers you could ask for
- Competitive Paid Time Off & Holiday Pay
- Family-oriented environment
- Dynamic work environment
Founded in 1980, The MENTOR Network is a national network of local human services providers with ~30,000 employees serving ~30,000 individuals in 35 states. We offer an array of quality, community-based services to adults and children with intellectual and developmental disabilities, acquired brain injury and other catastrophic injuries and illnesses and to youth with emotional, behavioral and medically complex challenges as well as their families.
Our organization is driven by the power or relationships. As an organization of people serving people, positive and productive relationships are vital to the work we do. Apply Today!
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES STATEMENT
External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who become disabled, must be able to perform the essential job functions either unaided or with assistance of a reasonable accommodations to be determined on a case by case basis.