Serves as a liaison to and is responsible for assisting department managers/supervisors, employees and potential employees with all aspect of employment including recruiting, retention, training, performance management, counseling, engagement, compensation and employee benefits. Has a strong customer contact and service focus.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Other duties may be assigned and can vary depending on the business needs of each community. **
- Provide an advocacy/consulting role for employees experiencing problems/issues that impact their jobs.
- Assist in responding to employees’ relation issues in partnership with appropriate line manager/supervisor.
- Facilitate the recruiting and selection process. Work with management to ensure the selection of the best candidate for all positions.
- Coordinate and facilitate new employee hiring process.
- Deliver the New Employee Orientation-update and maintain any relevant materials.
- Assist in the formation and interpretation of policies and programs.
- Develop, facilitate and deliver management training and other employee workshops and classes.
- Track and ensure EEOC, FMLA, ADA and OSHA compliance.
- Process Unemployment and Worker Compensation claims.
- Administer and monitor benefits plans to health, EAP, tuition reimbursement and retirement programs. Facilitate employee communication to enhance the understanding and appreciation of benefits programs.
- Process governmental filings and report employment issues.
- Coordinate and develop employee event planning and employee development programs.
- Monitor employee appraisal process
- Generate management information reports from HRIS at the request of client.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.<?xml:namespace prefix = "o" ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />
- Able to initiate and implement necessary plans and programs to ensure legal compliance
- Possess excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience with MS Office, database software systems and programs
- Able to handle multiple priorities
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of three years of relevant human resources experience required
- Experience in Healthcare Human Resources strongly preferred
- College degree preferred. Degree may be substituted with additional years of HR experience.
- Experience with an HRIS program preferred