Position is responsible for performing work of an important and/or confidential nature; accurately and timely electronically filing and/or filing designated employment documentation, preparing files (current and termed), inputting employment data, responsible for making ID’s and name tags, ordering and stocking of supplies, assisting with coordinating employee functions and other duties as assigned.
- Fully understand and support Xanterra Mission Statement, Core Values and Hospitality Standards.
- Essential job function is to allocate appropriate time to consistently perform department’s electronic filing and/or filing designated employment documentation properly on a daily basis. Filing includes creating any new/rehire current files (personnel and confidential) or termed files. Sorting documents, both alphabetically and in chronological order and then placing appropriate documents in either the employee’s current personnel/confidential file or in the respective termed file.
- Responsible for timely filing and proper maintenance of Federal I-9 forms in the respective notebook/expanded folder; whether in current or respective termed year. Annual culling of I-9’s in accordance with retention policy.
- Adheres to the Company’s file retention policy by annual purging and consolidating of terminated employee files; removing appropriate year documents selected to be shredded under the direction of the HR Manager. Properly identifies boxes slated to be shredded.
- Runs reports monthly for Birthday Card program; timely distributing Birthday Cards to various department heads for GCR, Grand Hotel and Trading Post.
- Under direction of Regional Talent Manager, creates Employee of Month or Manager of Quarter baskets and distributes to appropriate department head in timely manner, and distributes and tracks Service Awards.
- Under direction of the HR Manager/Director of HR, orders and maintains department supplies, while keeping supply closet organized. Office space and file room are also expected to be kept organized and orderly, minimizing clutter on a daily basis.
- Greets internal or external customers and directs them to the proper staff member for answers to questions; answers questions that person may be qualified and experienced to properly respond.
- Responsible for creating identification badges and name tags for employees, processing annual driver’s license background reports, and tracks clear and considers.
- Performs annual audits of employee files bi-annually ensuring all files and documents are filed accurately with electronic naming convention; and audit’s I-9’s annually to ensure critical information is complete.
- Annually updates the HR department chemical inventory list and Safety Data Sheet (SDS) notebook. Updates Risk Department on HR’s chemical inventory.
- As training allows, is back up person for HR Coordinator (data entry) position; (greets external and internal customers, processes applicants in iCIMs to posted positions and moves them through ATS system, performs data entry, provides appropriate forms when requested and creates new hire packets.
- As training allows, is back up person for Benefits Coordinator (reviews insurance forms for completeness and performs data entry, distributes insurance packets, processes any LOA/FMLA forms and runs insurance eligibility reports and distributes.
- May represent the HR department as EHS Committee member and as directed may assist with coordinating employee functions.
- May assist with updating Xpress Employee Intranet.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and experience with filing and file retention and the ability to accurately maintain employment, training and other records with general Human Resources office procedures and best practices.
- Knowledge and experience with Lawson (Company’s HRIS).
- Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) language skills a plus.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
- Possess good organizational and time management skills and the ability to prioritize tasks.
- High attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times, in all situations.
- Possess good interpersonal skills to ensure intelligent and professional communications with all employees.
- Ability to complete multiple tasks/projects within an established and scheduled time frame.
- Work safely to prevent on the job accidents and injuries.
- Work safely to ensure company equipment is secure.
- Wear protective equipment as required by the job duties.
- Completes all required training programs.
- Work hours include working a standard workweek (8:00 AM – 5:00 PM with a one hour lunch unpaid lunch period) infrequent overtime as needed with an occasional support of company functions on a weekend day as needed.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is constantly sitting, twisting, eye/hand coordination, manual dexterity, handling and wrist motion. Occasional standing, walking, balancing, bending/stooping and climbing.
- Trunk Strength - The ability to use your abdominal and lower back muscles to support part of the body repeatedly or continuously over time without giving our or fatiguing.
- Static Strength-The ability to exert maximum muscle force to lift, push, pull or carry objects.
- Occasionally carrying, bending, stooping, lifting, pushing, and pulling items weighing up to 50lbs.
- Occasionally lift and carry sacks/boxes of files weighing up to 75 lbs.
- Constantly listening, hearing, and seeing.
- Will be required to sit for long periods of time and occasionally walk, climb stairs and walk on uneven surfaces.