DescriptionRole: Humana's Summer 2019 IT Internship Program
Location: Louisville, KY
Scope: This internship program is for current college students only. The internship will take place during the summer of 2019. This is a paid position and housing is provided.
Work Eligibility: Humana does not provide visa sponsorship or OPT/CPT for our summer internship. For example, this would mean you are either a U.S. citizen, a Lawful Permanent Resident, or in Refugee or Asylee status and do not require visa sponsorship to be eligible.
Humana Inc., headquartered in Louisville, Ky., is committed to helping our millions of medical and specialty members achieve their best health. Our successful history in care delivery and health plan administration is helping us create a new kind of integrated care with the power to improve health and well-being and lower costs. Our efforts are leading to a better quality of life for people with Medicare, families, individuals, military service personnel, and communities at large.
The Humana IT Organization is currently seeking interns who are interested in working in Louisville, KY for 12 weeks during the Summer of 2019 (Late May to Early August) Humana is experiencing an exciting time of growth. A key ingredient to our success has revolved around our IT efforts. We have adopted Agile methodologies for development, and we use a wide variety of exciting industry technologies (around web, mobile, social, integration, analytics, security, etc) to drive innovation and build software solutions while focusing efforts on strategic partnerships. Throughout this program, you will apply what you have been learning in the classroom to real-world situations. As an intern, you will be placed on an Agile team, receive technical and business training, work towards the completion of a project/solution for a business partner or IT team, and grow your knowledge in the healthcare industry. Our summer interns will be exposed to the latest technologies and practices within a Fortune 100 company.
You can learn more by visiting our Facebook Page to review videos, pictures, program information and more! There is also a college programs recruiter available to answer any questions you have. Just use the message feature on the group and someone will be happy to get back with you.
Link to FB Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/HumanaITCollegePrograms/
Be sure to like and join the group for all future notifications so you don’t miss out!
· Collaborate with experienced professionals
· Broaden and apply classroom knowledge
· Network with Humana’s IT leaders
· Part-time opportunities extending beyond summer
· Competitive summer pay
· Paid Housing
· Full-time offers after successful completion of Entry Program
- Have an interest in pursuing a technology-focused career
- Be a current student (3- 6 minimum credit hours) pursuing a degree related to the technology field (Computer Science, Information Systems, Information Technology, Management Information Systems, etc)
- Knowledge and understanding of current information and software development technologies and concepts
- Available to work full-time in either Green Bay, WI or Louisville, KY for FULL 12 Weeks during the summer program
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work well with others in a team environment
- Work Eligibility: Humana does not provide visa sponsorship or OPT/CPT for our summer internship. For example, this would mean you are either a U.S. citizen, a Lawful Permanent Resident, or in Refugee or Asylee status and do not require visa sponsorship to be eligible
- Previous internship and/or work experience a plus
- Overall GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Be actively involved on-campus and/or in the community with verifiable extracurricular activities and/or clubs
- Strong interest in the Healthcare industry with a passion for helping others
Scheduled Weekly Hours40