Each year Scholastic Book Fairs, in partnership with schools across the country, hosts more than 127,000 book-sale events that give more than 35 million students and their families access to thousands of affordable and educational products, helping foster a lifelong love of reading.
We are currently in search of Hybrid Delivery Driver to support both warehouse and distribution teams. This full time position offers medical, dental and vision benefits, Paid Time Off, a generous 50% off discount on Scholastic merchandise, and a 401k.
Hybrid Drivers will help our team with the delivery and pickup of books and supplies that help children become lifelong learners. Scholastic Book Fairs Drivers return home same day and will travel in city, suburbs, and rural areas. The pickup and delivery requires the loading and unloading of company trucks at both Branch and Schools, utilizing all safety procedures during this process. Our drivers obtain their daily manifests and inspect their trucks and equipment prior to leaving the Branch. This position requires a CDL B
These full time positions offer medical, dental and vision benefits, Paid Time Off, a generous 50% off discount on Scholastic merchandise, 401k and the possibility of summers off.
All drivers will be given proper equipment including uniforms and shoes and must maintain a professional appearance. Scholastic Book Fairs Drivers adhere to all Company, local, state, and federal rules/regulations inclusive of, but not limited to, DOT, OSHA, etc. Scholastic Book Fairs takes pride in being a drug and alcohol free Company.
- High School Diploma or GED Certificate preferred.
- Verifiable commercial driving experience of at least one (1) year required.
- Minimum of twenty-one (21) years of age.
- Possess valid CDL license with air brake endorsement.
- Must pass a drug screen/alcohol screen, Motor Vehicle Record review, criminal background review, and a DOT physical examination indicating physical essential functions of job can be performed as required.
- Must be able to drive vehicle weighing up to 34,000 GVW.
- Ability to lift/carry up to 70 lbs. and push, pull, lift and handle metal/plastic cases weighing more than 350lbs on a regular and repetitive basis. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Customer service orientated.
- Must be able to read road maps and follow directions.
- Ability to work over time and weekends as needed.
- Strong team player and the ability to get along with co-workers.
- Good verbal/written communication skills, basic math skills, and ability to read.