DSE Hardware and Virtual Engineering Team are seeking a qualified candidate for a Engineering position. The Engineer will lead efforts related to Hypervisor technology automation and certification. Virtualization is one of the leading growth spaces in technology for the bank and the need to validate and ensure these technologies properly functioning and are configured with the appropriate security standards is the utmost priority for the enterprise.
The candidate will work in relation to x86 virtualization technologies and physical server standards. They must have a clear understanding of these technologies current life cycle-status and roadmaps. The Engineer should have a strong grasp of associated technologies such as storage, network, and out of band management devices. Project work will be assigned based on availability and need and will include working with various internal and external business partners to engineer solutions in relation to network virtualization and compute virtualization needs.
The engineer will be available to provide 3rd level support for their engineered soltions when needed. They will also work solutions as needed with peer teams and related vendors. Duties will include certifying new releases , iterations, patches and vulnerability remediation’s of physical and virtual technologies.
The Candidate will be responsible for completing designs and engineering of HA, Disaster recovery solutions, SAN, Network connectivity specifications and related tools. Identifying and certifying new virtualization technologies, managing and documenting migration strategies and providing “how to” documentation for the enterprise, providing solutions for monitoring and assisting in evaluating new virtualization technologies. The Individual should also have experience using capacity and resource management tools. This engineer will be called upon regularly to produce automation in power Cli, HPSA, VRO KSH, Perl and/or python scripts.
Must possess engineering and testing background in technologies like Vmware ESX, power cli skills , Red Hat Kvm, Virtual storage technologies like VSAN and Ceph , virtual networking technologies like NSX-V and open Vswitch, virtual management tools like vcenter and openstack , automation tools like VRO, HPOO, VRA, Ancible, PuppetRequired Qualifications
- 7+ years of operating systems analysis experience, operating systems engineering experience, or a combination of both
- 2 + years of technical engineering experience with the following core technologies: Network, OS, Application, Database, or Virtual/Cloud
- 6+ years of virtualization technologies experience
- 5+ years of experience in application automation and integration
- 5+ years of Firewall experience
- 3+ years of experience implementing, designing, developing or supporting high speed storage technologies
- 3+ years of scripting experience using Windows Powershell, Unix Shell Scripting, Perl, Python, Java or PL-SQL
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization
- Cloud vendor certification such as VMware Certified Professional (VCP) or AWS Certified Solutions Architect
- Virtualization technologies experience
- Knowledge and understanding of virtual hosting environment
- Knowledge and understanding of SAN (Storage Area Network)
- Knowledge and understanding of network and firewall operations
- Knowledge and understanding of network hardware (Firewall and Intrusion Detection), software and configurations, network security infrastructure and design
- Knowledge and understanding of secured network configuration and troubleshooting with a firewall controlled environment
- Knowledge and understanding of virtualization technologies
- Knowledge and understanding of network virtualization
- Knowledge and understanding of technology testing: test engineering
- Knowledge and understanding of technical documentation: for technical design documentation used by engineering teams
- Quantitative or qualitative data analysis experience
- Ability to support a virtual team by working electronically and by phone
- Knowledge and understanding of technology system integration: engineering or platform engineering
- Knowledge and understanding of security applications and systems engineering
- 3+ years of SAN (Storage Area Network) experience
Public cloud offerings (Azure, Amazon, Google)
Container technologies (Kubernetes, Docker, PCF)
Arizona: Field Rep 002 in AZ - Field Rep 002, AZ
AZ-Chandler: 2600 S Price Rd - Chandler, AZ
MN-Minneapolis: 255 2nd Ave S - Minneapolis, MN
NC-Charlotte: 401 S Tryon St - Charlotte, NC
NC-Charlotte: 1525 W Wt Harris Blvd - Charlotte, NC
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.