In Home Counselor-Sign on Bonus $1500
Primary Location: MD-MDGaithersburg-16220 S Frederick Ave
Function:Behavioral/Mental Health Professional
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential function listed below.
· Provides 24/7 coverage for all assigned clients/families.
· Provides assessments in the areas of mental status, personality, behavioral response patterns, relationships, and family interactions.
· Proposes a service or treatment plan based on assessment of needs and makes practical suggestions for change.
· Provides activity and participation based interventions and approaches developed from training materials, experience, families’ successes, and peers.
· Makes referrals to services and resources on behalf of families.
· Builds and maintains positive relationships with personnel from referring/ collateral agencies. Provides guidance for the family in their interaction with referring agencies, and other community organizations as needed.
· Assures that documentation and records are kept confidential, organized, and complete and submitted to supervisor in an accurate and timely manner.
· Participates in team meetings with peers and in collateral team meeting when needed. Supports peer development by addressing areas of concern for professional development and team performance issues.
· Provides a closure and aftercare plan for each family/client.
· May provide training or field supervision of new or tenured peers; review and edit peer records and documentation, marketing and education presentations; training and development for the region or team meetings,
· Performs other related duties and activities as required.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor's degree and two years related field experience. Specialized training required.
Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations:
AMERICAN WITH DISABILITY STATEMENT
External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who become disabled, must be able to perform the essential job functions either unaided or with assistance of a reasonable accommodations to be determined on a case by case basis.