At Wells Fargo, we have one goal: to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them achieve their dreams. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wells Fargo’s Chief Administrative Office (CAO) consists of enterprise functions that work together to promote and protect the Wells Fargo culture and brand, and support our team members. Groups within CAO work to protect our reputation, tell our story, bolster team member engagement, connect with our customers, and bring new and innovative solutions to life. CAO functions include Commitment to Customer, Corporate Responsibility & Community Relations, Data Management & Insights, Human Resources, Marketing, Stakeholder Relations, and the CAO Integration and Planning Office.
The In-House Agency Coordinator (IHA) is a member of the Studio and Operations team within Wells Fargo’s in-house agency (IHA) that sits in our Marketing organization. This role reports to the Director of IHA Coordination. This role will be responsible for establishing and managing project timelines for all tier 3 campaigns. This role is important in establishing and meeting client expectations by delivering high quality projects on time. Specific duties of this role include the following:
- Serves as a dedicated coordinator for specialty channel or LOB, developing and maintaining effective working relationships and communication with relevant partners.
- Consults with IHA account and creative teams, as wells as LOB/channel partners on implementation strategy, methods and plans for strategic Marketing initiatives that impact organization-wide campaigns and products.
- Collaborates with IHA account and creative teams, as well as LOB/channel to define and intake projects, and ensure all team members acquire a thorough understanding of the project’s components and the production requirements.
- Leads, creates, and implements project management process to effectively plan and manage project timelines for specialized channels and campaigns.
- Troubleshoots and provides solutions to account teams for various process issues.
- Assigns tasks and schedules deadlines for each step of a project through completion.
- Negotiates timing with partners, troubleshoots scheduling issues, and implements changes.
- Proactively and successfully reconciles competing project priorities against business/LOB priorities.
- Works in project management system to support and ensure schedules are maintained.
- Serves as final quality check before project materials proceed to review by agency and client partners.
- 2+ years of implementation experience
- 3+ years of project management experience, additional implementation experience, or a combination of both
- A BS/BA degree or higher
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and across all organizational levels, where flexibility, collaboration, and adaptability are important
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Knowledge and understanding of Agile
- Outstanding problem solving and decision making skills
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy skills
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Strong relationship management skills
- Strong time management skills and ability to meet deadlines
- 2+ years of marketing/agency experience
- Experience in various marketing channels, including print, direct mail, web, and digital media
- Experience working with geographically dispersed teams
MN-Minneapolis: 600 S 4th St - Minneapolis, MN
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.