In-Office Therapist ($1,000 sign on bonus)
Primary Location: NJ-NJMount Laurel-2000 Crawford Pl
Function:Behavioral/Mental Health Professional
New Jersey MENTOR
We are seeking a Licensed Social Worker/ Counselor (Therapist) to provide individualized treatment to youth in out-of-home treatment settings, Southern NJ. As a Therapist you will work with a multidisciplinary team to assess each child’s needs, increase the child’s sense of well-being via the provision of psychotherapy. The goal is to aid children in self-regulation, improve progress across domains and assist the whole family in improving their relationship toward the goal of reunification. You will employ a range of techniques utilizing experiential relationship building, dialogue, communication and assessment. Training and supervision provided.
As a Therapist, you are a critical part of our important mission; to improve the lives of the children and families we serve.
- Areas/Counties covered: Camden, Gloucester, Salem and Cumberland
- Flexible schedules available
- Caseload in field (approx 5)
- Conduct psycho-social assessments to document history and identify preliminary issues for treatment by interviewing the child and family (if applicable), and transcribing or dictating relevant information for client records.
- Provide individual, family and/or group therapies using various treatment modalities.
- Develop individualized treatment plans in coordination with interdisciplinary team to include but may not be limited to: The Department of Children and Families, District Family Safety/Community Based Care Provider, Juvenile Justice Counselor (if applicable), and child targeted case manager (if one is assigned)
- Work with members of the interdisciplinary team to coordinate other treatment initiatives including school performance, permanency, and reunification planning. Develops and coordinates discharge plan based on treatment, indicating all relevant aftercare needs and plans.
- Access to community resources that would be beneficial to client aftercare needs.
- Attend regular treatment team staffing and level of care meetings.
- Conduct educational groups for clients, families and foster parents.
- Provide documentation of foster parent educational in-services to adhere to foster parent licensing standards, assuring that the skills needed for treatment plan in the home environment are learned.
- Prepare and train the child’s biological or legal parents to resume care of their child when reunification is the goal (if applicable to the population being served).
- Maintain current, legible and adequate medical record documentation in client’s chart. Assures that all required client documentation is in their chart, including any foster parent and/or outside agency documentation pertaining to the client.
- Conduct regularly scheduled face-to-face meetings with client and caretaker in order to monitor the child’s progress and discuss treatment strategies and services. Attend regular staff meetings, clinical meeting and one-on-one sessions with direct supervisor to process current status of cases.
- Perform other related duties and activities as required.
- Clinical Supervision offered.
- Master’s degree in human services field with at least three years of experience
- Must be licensed: LPC, or LCSW
Founded in 1980, The MENTOR Network is a national network of local human services providers offering an array of quality, community-based services in more than 30 states to adults and children with intellectual and developmental disabilities, brain and spinal cord injuries and other catastrophic injuries and illnesses, and to youth with emotional, behavioral and medically complex challenges as well as their families.