Community Options, Inc. is a national non-profit agency providing services to individuals with disabilities in 11 states.
We are seeking a Part-Time Independent Living Skills Trainer through the HCBS NYS DOH TBI Medicaid Waiver Program to teach individuals with traumatic brain injuries the functional skills needed to live as independently as possible in the community. The Individuals served live in the Bronx, Brooklyn, Manhattan and Queens and travel is required within the boroughs to the participant’s home and/or working with them in the community.
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- 3+ years of experience providing training and functionally-based assessments to individuals with disabilities.
- Valid Driver’s License.
Independent Living Skills Trainer Responsibilities:
- Support and encourage individuals to develop the skills needed to problem solve, be organized, maintain their home, access their community and be as independent as possible.
- Identify, develop, and coordinate community-based resources and support based on the individual's personal goals and aspirations.
- Build a support network between the individuals and community members.
- Intervene for individuals in emergency situations and when services are not delivered.
- Assist in maintaining and monitoring of individual finances, and ensure bills are paid in a timely manner.
- Develop a detailed goal plan to be reviewed and revised on a semi-annual basis
- Complete session notes describing activities and progress on stated goals
- Complete a semi-annual Individual Service Report outlining the progress and justification for continued services
If interested, please click Apply Now or send resume to: Resumes-NY@comop.org
Please Visit Our Website to Complete an Online Application!
Community Options is an Equal Opportunity Employer