The Indirect Corporate Buyer will, in accordance with company policies and procedures, negotiate, bid, price, terms, cost analysis and contract with qualified suppliers for the purchase of high quality, low cost indirect goods and services.
Find a career. Gain a family.
Safelite will be unlike any place you've ever worked. (This won't be just the daily grind!) You'll join caring and passionate teams that collaborate to make a difference, deliver extraordinary results and bring unexpected happiness. Every day. Your effort, heart and creative ideas will be valued and rewarded. And we care about your well-being. So, we'll strive to give you what you need to be happy at work and at home.
- Support other supply chain functions and initiatives as necessary, including working all quality and customer service-related issues for goods and/or services as the buyer for that commodity.
- Maintaining and developing supplier relationships to ensure key partnerships to meet the growing needs of the organization.
- Collaborate with internal functions to develop requirements and source quality items to support the organizaiton, focusing on TCO
- Pre-qualify suppliers of goods/services for the business requirements and define and mandate supplier reporting requirement and manage the process for specific RFI's and RFP's, acting as liaison, when needed, between Accounting and Suppliers.
- Assist in the development and execution of the objectives and goals for the department and company and negotiate and/or manage and track the legal contracts that are associated with the supplier spends that have been initiated or routed through the supply chain department by acting as liaison to our company's corporate counsel.
- Perform special duties and ad hoc reports as necessary for supply chain and/or upper management and prepare and present written/oral quarterly updates on progress to individual and company goals.
- 3-5 years of relevant experience is required.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent is required.
- Purchasing experience is preferred.
- Oracle and Cognos system experience is preferred.
- Medium to advanced level PC experience: Access, Excel, PowerPoint is preferred.
We're known as an auto glass company. That's the focus of what we do. But we're much more -- we're a growing and evolving service brand. And what really makes us unique is our people. Because at our core, we're a People Powered organization -- and our people come first and our culture matters. We'll help you find a fulfilling career path and encourage you to have a life. Let us be the best place you'll ever work.