Your role as the Testing & Quality Director is to oversee all quality assurance, user acceptance, and user experience validation activities across an emerging technology product release. You will be responsible for ensuring the quality methodologies utilized are achieving the desired quality levels for the product. Your role is responsible for identifying gaps and recommending and implementing the necessary controls to resolve the gaps. You will have the responsibility of communicating program level testing and quality status with executive leadership and will create an environment of continual improvement through partnerships with technology and user experience teams. Job Responsibilities:
- As part of the Constituent and Consumer Experience team, this position will provide strategic direction and oversight to the quality and testing associated with an emerging technology product release
- Leads the quality and testing processes across consumer and provider for all lines of business to ensure the product meets the user needs
- Develops and oversees the program level reporting packages/scorecards and the underlying methodology for how key metrics and analytics are tracked through the roll out and adoption process
- Identifies controls, tools, resources needed to measure and monitor the quality at all stages through the product life cycle, including the overall user experience
- Reviews product performance against expectations; formulates and recommends changes based upon requirement needs. Partners with technology and key stakeholders, in order to minimize defects that affect the consumer and provider experience and lead the resolution process to identify solutions
- Drives for root cause resolution across all testing processes, with the intent on removing variation from the system. Utilizes six sigma/quality methodologies in order to articulate the impact of concerns, and risks to the overall user experience
- Develops and oversees the user experience quality and testing reporting packages/scorecards and the underlying methodology for how key metrics and analytics are tracked through the roll out and adoption process
- Creates the strategic roadmap for how to evaluate quality monitoring implementation across all phases of the product life cycle as new features and functions are released
- Bachelor’s degree
- 8+ years of progressive leadership experience with large scale change initiatives that involve significant business re-engineering, technology/systems development and deployment
- Project management experience and/or IT skills with a demonstrated ability to lead large scale transformational change initiatives that influence people, process and technology.
- Previous experience navigating a complex matrix environment
- Intermediate MS Excel experience
- Experience with PowerPoint
- Experience leading IT development quality assurance or user acceptance testing for large scale programs/projects using AGILE methodologies
- Bachelor’s in Business, Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, Information Systems, Decision Science preferred, advanced degree is a plus
- Six Sigma and quality methodology background
- Strategic vision combined with operational execution skills: Thinks strategically and implements tactically to consistently deliver results.
- Highly collaborative individual with ability to influence others and build strong professional relationships at all levels across the broader Benefit Operations and UHC/UHG organization.
- Superior planning and strong problem solving skills, which enable quick identification and efficient resolution of issues.
- Strong operational and business acumen: understands the key business systems and levers that influence operational performance.
- Proven leadership skills, with demonstrated comfort in working in highly- matrixed relationships.
- Excellent collaboration and relationship management skills
- Excellent communication (written, verbal and presentation) and organizational skills in deadline driven environment
- Business acumen to work with senior leadership
- Ability to be flexible and work with ambiguity
- Proven track record collaborating effectively cross-functionally with product management, operations and IT stakeholders
- Ability to think conceptually and effective at translating concepts into practical and executable plans
- Strong communication skill sets, with the ability to present information in a variety of different formats to all levels of stakeholders.
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to articulate and define outcome measures that capture key performance metrics.
- Successful in obtaining results in a large corporate, matrixed environment
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job keywords: Individual Health Record Testing and Quality Director, Minnetonka, MN, Minnesota