WHELAN SECURITY IS NOW HIRING
Whelan Security is currently in the process of reviewing applications for a Fire Training Officer to support a local manufacturing facility. The Fire Training Officer will be responsible for duties pertaining to the development and facilitation of training. Qualified applicants will possess 400 hours of Kentucky State Certified Firefighter training as well as a Kentucky State Fire Instructor Level 1 Certification. Additional duties, responsibilities, and qualifications are listed below.
- Responsible for developing and overseeing all aspects of the training program.
- Responsible for ensuring annual obligations are met.
- Responsible for facilitating and conducting trainings for
- Emergency Medical Response
- Fire incidents
- Fire prevention
- Industrial fire suppression systems (previous experience preferred, but not required)
- Security Responses
- Customer Service
- Responsible for modification of training agenda, as needed, to address site specific training issues.
- Responsible for assistance in writing, auditing, and maintaining Standard Operating Procedures for Security and Fire Services.
- Responsible for preparing charts/data/reflections on emergency incidents
- Might also present this information to leadership during daily status meetings.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have a leadership mindset.
- Must support goals and direction of Security and Fire Services management.
- Must have strong customer service skills.
- Must have professional attitude and demeanor.
- Responsible for team development.
EducationCandidates must meet the following educational requirements:
- Possess at least a high school education or equivalent (GED).
- Kentucky State Certified Firefighter 400 hours.
- Kentucky State Fire Instructor Level 1 Certification.
If you have an interest in joining a leader in the contract security industry and would like to work at one or more of our outstanding client locations - Apply Now!
Not convinced? Listen to what our team members have to say!
At Whelan, we value people and we value relationships.
Extraordinary people work at Whelan -- are you one?
Georgetown, KY 40324