Since 1852, customers have trusted that Wells Fargo would keep their assets secure from theft and always available. Today, maintaining customer trust remains our underlying operating principle.
Enterprise Information Security’s (EIS) vision is to provide Wells Fargo world leading cyber security risk management. Through a framework that addresses policy, process, operations, people, and technology, EIS protects Wells Fargo’s infrastructure, corporate data, and customer assets, and ensures alignment with applicable regulations and laws. EIS is part of Wells Fargo's Corporate Risk organization and is led by the Chief Information Security Officer.
Enterprise Information Security within Wells Fargo is seeking an experienced Info Security Engineer to support application security for all of Wells Fargo applications. In this role, you will work with software development partners to identify and mitigate the security vulnerabilities in the applications identified through Dynamic Application Security Testing (DAST). Communication with the business security team, information security consultants (ISCs), operation risk consultants (ORCs), enterprise security group, and development technology partners is critical in this role. You will also act as an application security SME for the development and security communities within Wells Fargo.
The Info Security Engineer will:
- Perform Web Application Penetration testing
- Meet with application team to collect information and determine scope of testing
- Install, configure, use and maintain scanning and testing tools
- Manually verify security vulnerabilities identified by automated tools
- Perform manual testing to supplement results of automated scanning and testing tools
- Provide status and resolve issues that impact testing as required
- Document identified security vulnerabilities and related matters in a clear, concise and timely manner
- Meet with the application teams to review, describe and explain identified security vulnerabilities and possible remediation
- Retest application updates or deployed remediation logic to verify resolution of security vulnerabilities
- Update documentation as required
- Maintain electronic or paper trail of testing activity for audit purposes
- Maintain confidentiality of authentication credentials, sensitive application information and test results before, during and after completion testing and/or retesting
The Info Security Engineer will additionally be responsible for:
- Providing ad-hoc penetration testing as necessary
- Providing application security consulting SME Support to developers
- Providing for root cause analysis and incident management investigation
- Stay up to speed on 3rd party (inside and outside Wells Fargo) known security vulnerabilities
- Develop and review malicious use cases/threat models
- Maintain a broad understanding of security technologies and products
- Actively participate on improving the security culture and education throughout the organization.
- 3+ years of information security applications and systems experience
- 3+ years of DAST (Dynamic Application Security Testing) experience
- 3+ years of automated information security penetration tools experience
- 3+ years of manual information security penetration testing tools, topics, and techniques experience
- Advanced Information Security technical skills
- Ability to manage complex issues and develop solutions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge and understanding of application or software security such as: web application penetration testing, secure code review, secure static code analysis
- Knowledge and understanding of banking or financial services industry
- Experience working in a large enterprise environment
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Knowledge and understanding of information security industry standards and government regulations
- Ability to manage multiple and competing priorities
- Ability to work with limited supervision
- Ability to take on a high level of responsibility, initiative, and accountability
- Good attention to detail and accuracy skills
- Strong collaboration and partnering skills
- Ability to work weekends and holidays as needed or scheduled
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.